Back to forum
rss 123 weeks ago
Just wanted to get a little feedback on these (particularly the first one before I throw too much more time into the lettering, etc.) Any feedback would be adored.

Photobucket
Photobucket
31Comments
    123 weeks ago
    I love the Star Wars one :) - it's super cute!
    123 weeks ago
    Hmm. The colors of the first image are waaaay messed up when I view it on a mobile device. I don't know what happened there, but I'll try to repost it tomorrow.
    123 weeks ago
    Let's try this again:
    Photobucket
    123 weeks ago
    [IMG]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r180/diha52/Arts/ChatNoirdelaLune.jpg[/IMG]
    123 weeks ago
    Well, that didn't work. Sorry, Internet. Just, uh, don't judge this based on an iPhone (or similar).
    123 weeks ago
    I absolutely LOVE the concept of Tournee du Chat Noir de la Lune! I'm kind of surprised no one seems to have done it before actually.

I only have a few suggestions, because I think it has a ton of potential. The first thing I noticed was that the writing looks a little wobbly. I know that the original doesn't have perfectly mechanically straight writing but the lines are a bit smoother. Another suggestion with the writing might be to put "de la Lune" in the red part so it's not so empty, where the original says "de Rodolphe Salis" or maybe you could put something like "de Usagi" or "de Serena" - that'd be cute too. Along the lines of straightening the writing, the circle could be tweaked slightly to be a bit more round (I know the original isn't perfectly round either). I like that you put "Sailor Moon" in Japanese in the circle, nice touch. My only other suggestion is to make Luna's tail a tiny bit thicker. Otherwise I love this design, keep working on it! :D
    122 weeks ago
    Luna is super cute!!
    122 weeks ago
    never seen Sailor Moon, so I will steer clear of that image.

Star Wars - why are they depicted as Speak/See/Hear no evil? Also, Han and Leia appear interchangable for 'See', and Leia should probably not be smiling considering this is (I think) about evil.

Also, the male characters are facing forward whilst Leia is turned 3/4, just to keep the image consistent she should also be facing forwards.

Aside from these notes feel proud as the characters are drawn consistently and are faithful to the source, which is always a plus.
    122 weeks ago
    Unless Leia is smiling because she is smug, as she cant hear evil? That makes sense.
    122 weeks ago
    I absolutely LOVE the Sailor Moon shirt (and the SW one is cute too.)
    122 weeks ago
    DCLawrence said: Unless Leia is smiling because she is smug, as she cant hear evil? That makes sense.

Yes, the idea is that Leia hears no evil (or no dark side, if you will) thanks to the famous buns. ;)
    Thanks for all the positive feedback on the Sailor Moon design! :) The text here is just a very rough sketch, so it is far from complete, but I think I'll go back to work on it once I'm done making holiday gifts. Expect another draft soon. :D
    121 weeks ago
    Yes!!!! That Luna design would be an instabuy from me. I love it
    121 weeks ago
    I love the Luna Design! I would buy three!
    121 weeks ago
    LOVE the Star Wars one!
    100 weeks ago
    Update time! I got an email a few weeks ago saying the Luna design is slotted to be printed at some point. (Still waiting to hear when.) Thanks for all the great feedback!
    97 weeks ago
    So this Wednesday, June 13 is the big day! My "Chat Noir de la Lune" shirt will be on sale here at TeeFury!

Here's a little preview:

1336592824_BOTTOM_7.jpg
    97 weeks ago
    AWESOME!! Congratulations! I still love this design, and it looks amazing! :D
    97 weeks ago
    I adore this. I just posted it to the FB wall of a girl I used to work with, and she has already spread it to at least a dozen of girls that she goes to school with, and they're all very excited to purchase it!
    97 weeks ago
    (The Sailor Moon design, that is.)
    97 weeks ago
    Sweet! I just saw it in my email. I'm getting two. ^.^
    97 weeks ago
    Thank you so much for all the great support. >^.^
    97 weeks ago
    Congrats. The print version looks is so much more dynamic. Was the original version in the first post what you submitted?
    97 weeks ago
    LOVE the Luna shirt! I saw it last night and was incredibly excited! Had to buy 2!
    97 weeks ago
    I LOVE the Luna shirt....

now, make an Artemis to go with it...
    97 weeks ago
    and maybe a Diana too...
  • Load More Comments