Back to forum
rss 124 weeks ago
I'm seeing a lot of hate comments about doctor who tee shirts everytime they go on for sale. I'm just wondering if we could all be adults about this? I mean obviously access to a credit card makes us all mature beings right? (sarcasm) My point is, do you have to ruin other people's joy by critisizing happiness? I don't think so. So lets all wait oh... I DON'T KNOW, another 24 hours for another shirt to go up for sale? Just a suggestion from a who fan. Make love, not war, especially on teefury, cause you know, there are no weapons here except for words of hatred, and we dont want no words of hatred here. mhhhmmm.
19Comments
    124 weeks ago
    I completely agree, and everytime a Who shirt goes up the haters way over exaggerate it as well. "There's a Doctor Who shirt every couple days, give other designs a chance." Well, there's one maybe everyone couple WEEKS, and while I guess that is more often that any other subject gets, that still leaves roughly 28 days of NON-DOCTOR WHO designs. Some people just need to complain. There's a lot of shirts I don't buy because it's not my thing, but you don't see me complaining about them.
    124 weeks ago
    I've watched Dr Who, i'm a casual fan of the show.. but dude, there were 4 Who themed shirts in November, and 1 on december 1st. thats 5 within 4 weeks. that's a little much. I like the unique designs, but in this last month i almost came to dread looking at the new shirt for expectation of another Who theme.

and just so you don't think i'm hating on Who alone, I wasn't at all a fan of the fact that there were Game of Thrones shirts 2 weeks in a row. I LOVE GoT (favorite book series) but i didn't like how close those 2 designs were...
    124 weeks ago
    Okay I will give you November, they did have a bunch, but still generally not a couple a week like many claim.

I do agree though, we need some other stuff on here. More Buffy, Portal, Zelda, Community, ect. However I have no problem buying more Who designs if they're clever.
    124 weeks ago
    I super love Doctor Who and I've noticed a lot of Who-related designs recently. I think this kinda stuff comes in waves though b/c I remember when I first started buying on Teefury it seemed like *everything* was a Star Wars shirt :)

That being said, I do hope there are more varied designs though b/c there's a lot of awesome designs/designers out there, and that people will at least be civil. I don't know who may know who from the forums or in real life, but there are a lot of times I notice people seemingly being snarky just to be snarky for some reason.
    124 weeks ago
    I do not know what Doctor Who is nor do I care. The days that there are crappy tees dedicated to that smurfy idiottube series, I simply pass. All pretty simple.

Pretty ironic that you are complaining/crying about people complaining/crying. I see that a lot in the comments of tshirts. More complaining from the Who fanboys than Who haters.

We get it; you watch television.

E
    124 weeks ago
    DeltaSigChi4 said: I do not know what Doctor Who is nor do I care. The days that there are crappy tees dedicated to that smurfy idiottube series, I simply pass. All pretty simple.

Pretty ironic that you are complaining/crying about people complaining/crying. I see that a lot in the comments of tshirts. More complaining from the Who fanboys than Who haters.

E

hahahaha yo dawg i heard you liked complaining. so we made this post about complaining about people complaining about people complaining so you can complain while being complained about.
    yodawgxzibit48.jpg
    124 weeks ago
    You are so cool; you missed one thing: I said I did not give a shit. And perhaps a dictionary is in order for you to research the definition of complain. I shall call you Doctor Kroli.

E
    124 weeks ago
    MrKroli said:
    DeltaSigChi4 said: I do not know what Doctor Who is nor do I care. The days that there are crappy tees dedicated to that smurfy idiottube series, I simply pass. All pretty simple.

E

hahahaha yo dawg i heard you liked complaining. so we made this post about complaining about people complaining about people complaining so you can complain while being complained about.
    yodawgxzibit48.jpg

Before anyone comments back against this, don't bother. you'll most likely be trolled, hell im going to be trolled now.

that aside, (and genius nonetheless, good comeback), ya. there are kinda a lot of who tees but it is still very small in comparison to over 300 days in a year guys.like what, 20 a year 30 max if that at all! i am a doctor who fan, but i don't complain that their is too many who tee's or not enough when i want one. heck, the only thing i ever complain about is black tee's! (gets too hot in summer) however some not who fans may have been offended by.... whatever from the past who fans and their tee's somehow, so we are sorry you were offended. please wait 24 hours!
    124 weeks ago
    DeltaSigChi4 said: You are so cool; you missed one thing: I said I did not give a shit. And perhaps a dictionary is in order for you to research the definition of complain. I shall call you Doctor Kroli.

E

thats Dr. Mr. Kroli
    124 weeks ago
    I like Dr. Who, that's why I'm looking for the Dr. Who/Portal mash shirt!
    124 weeks ago
    I thought this was gonna be a Scott Pilgrim/Dr Who mash up. Disappointed.

But yeah, when I first started here it felt like every 3 days was a Who shirt. It was tiresome. But there are a lot of series that get way more shirts made (Harry Potter) which even though I love, I'd like to see something new or done less often. Muppets, Daria, Rocky and Bullwinkle, Spaceballs, Venture Brothers, Reboot, among others.
    124 weeks ago
    Jabberwocky said: I thought this was gonna be a Scott Pilgrim/Dr Who mash up. Disappointed.

Same here, lol.

I to am annoyed by people hating on Who shirts, but it is the internet, people complain doesn't stop me from buying the shirt. I am tired of Back To The Future shirts, but I understand they will be gone in 24hrs. No need to complain.
    124 weeks ago
    Jabberwocky said: I thought this was gonna be a Scott Pilgrim/Dr Who mash up. Disappointed.

I would totally buy that shirt :D
    123 weeks ago

E

i'd personally appreciate, and i'm sure others would as well, if,as you said, you don't know or care what the series is, not to insult it. many people like the tv show and i doubt that bbc would continue to air it if it was a 'smurfy idiottube series'. yes, people watch tv. i'm sure that you do, or at least use the computer for non-work-related activities.
    in addition, teefury is honestly a very nerdy site, in a good way, a probable reason that there are so many doctor who shirts, seeing as it is one of the longest running science fiction tv shows ever. if you dislike the shirts that show up on teefury, please don't spend time complaining about it and rather find some other site where products are more to your liking.

123 weeks ago
    If I disliked the shirts that appeared on teefury.com, I would not have purchased, to date, one hundred and ninety one [191] shirts directly from the aforementioned company, without taking into account secondary market purchases or RB purchases of previous TF submissions.

I will say yet again that it would appear to the naked layman's eye that you supernerd Doctor Who fangirls carry around this enormous proverbial chip on your shoulders where you seemingly believe yourselves to be persecuted by anyone and everyone for your dedication to the idiotic series.

This thread is and continues to exhibit Doctor Who fangirls crying about perceived Doctor Who persecution. Take it to the Doctor Who fora.

That is all.

E
    123 weeks ago
    I've been visiting Teefury daily for over a year, and the tees that people 'hate on' has cycled through Star Wars, Harry Potter, and Doctor Who during that time. There were likely others, but these three spring to mind as causing the loudest and longest protests. For some reason, Doctor Who seems to have stuck as Public Enemy No.1, despite there being quite the dry spell mid-year.

The number of prints in each of the aforementioned fandoms has cycled - they've gone up, they've gone down, in some cases they've practically disappeared for a month or more. Yet, people still get a bee in their bonnet and complain that said subject is printed "every other day". This belief is enforced by the fact that many people frequent more than one daily tee site, and often there will be DW tees on different sites on the same day or within days of each other. On Teefury - November notwithstanding - it's not reality and yes, it's annoying to see the constant complaints. [Regarding November: even as a DW fan of over 30 years, I thought the number of prints was too many, and didn't buy more than one of them because I thought they were poor print choices. I let my money do the talking.]

Instead of letting it upset me, I've decided to just not read the comments whenever there's a DW themed shirt. It'd be nice if people who felt the need to ignore the Teefury rules about commenting on what shirts should/shouldn't be printed on the main page would just not comment, or start a thread in the forum to address it. But that'd be taking an adult approach, so we might as well (as my dear old Nan used to say), piss down our legs and play with the steam, as expect any change in the behaviour of trolls. There are far better and more important things to expend energy on. :)
    123 weeks ago
    i kinda think this flame war should end!
    ON, both ends!
    123 weeks ago
    DeltaSigChi4 said: If I disliked the shirts that appeared on teefury.com, I would not have purchased, to date, one hundred and ninety one [191] shirts directly from the aforementioned company, without taking into account secondary market purchases or RB purchases of previous TF submissions.

I will say yet again that it would appear to the naked layman's eye that you supernerd Doctor Who fangirls carry around this enormous proverbial chip on your shoulders where you seemingly believe yourselves to be persecuted by anyone and everyone for your dedication to the idiotic series.

This thread is and continues to exhibit Doctor Who fangirls crying about perceived Doctor Who persecution. Take it to the Doctor Who fora.

That is all.

E

It's really nice that you think up these very intelligent responses to trip up the "supernerd Doctor Who fangirls", but for someone who supposedly "doesn't know or care" about the series, you waste a lot of time and energy calling it idiotic and name-calling the fans of the series. Interesting.

Focusing on the original post, someone is going to complain every time a Who shirt is printed. Most likely, many people. Someone on another thread pointed out that out of the past 200 shirts, maybe 10 or 12 were Doctor Who related. Yes, they may be printed relatively close to each other, but not nearly on the scale that the complainers seem to think.

In either case, I don't make my purchases based on the thoughts and opinions of others, so I'll just continue on buying what I want and ignoring those who disagree.
    122 weeks ago
    Don't get caught up on Delta's trolling. It seems like most of his posts in these forums are just trying to get people riled up. It's kind of sad...