Back to forum
rss 123 weeks ago
I have an idea of a shirt that will turn out great and be popular. It is a MashedPotato of sorts and I will divulge that one side of the MashedPotato has to do with Metallica. Who is ready to collaborate and I'll explain more to you!
40Comments
    123 weeks ago
    lol..
    123 weeks ago
    I'm intrigued, but worried. I'm all for more metal references here, but Metallica's not my fave.... What are you thinking of?
    123 weeks ago
    I dont want to reveal the whole thing and have the idea out there. But it will be a striking shirt that will get peoples attention. As far Metallica, most of the focus of the shirt is on the other side of the mashed potato and I will say that just something Metallica did is referenced. But I need a really great artist who would be able to draw all the different elements, because this shirt will be really something!! You think you can? Or anyone else?
    123 weeks ago
    so wait are you looking for a partnership here, or one artist to make the tee so you can buy it eventually? if your not drawing it, i don't care, your idea isn't much in the deals worth!
    123 weeks ago
    I think you can say a partnership perhaps. Its really one of those things where I have an idea and I'd like to see it come to life by someone who can really draw it and its the kind of idea and shirt that TeeFury would be amazed at and have to print it. On my end Im really looking for the shirt to be made.
    123 weeks ago
    The person who draws it would receive a percentage of the revenue. This is also for someone who is looking for a challenge artistically and see if they can do it.
    123 weeks ago
    I think you're overstating the value of your idea. As others have said so many times on this site...an idea is really not a hard thing to come by, and honestly...the way you're selling it, you make it seem like every human alive would buy it.

Often times, you're overthinking it and you are valuing the popularity too much. If it "has something to do with what Metallica did" then it also is a shirt that likely has an agenda, seeing as the majority of their newsworthy actions have been agenda based and quite fence splitting.

Don't assume everything thinks the way you do. For instance, I happen to believe that anyone who downloads music illegally is the sBoldlyGo of the earth and deserves the maximum sentence in jail...

Would I like your shirt?

And "the person who does all of the work would receive a percentage of the revenue" is not a good sell, either. If you cannot draw your own design, alas, time to move on.
    123 weeks ago
    if i drew it i'd want atleast 50 percent but yeah, good ideas are easy to come buy, in the end its the art that matters.
    123 weeks ago
    Well it has nothing to do with what Metallica did with the media. I would just want the person to draw it and i would do the coloring and everything else. I would give 50% of the revenue, idc about the money i want to see the shirt get made. And yeah I understand not every human would buy it, I just said popular. Id like to see a great artist try and make this happen with me.
    123 weeks ago
    Love your threads
    123 weeks ago
    50% for an idea, unless you do half the work. because your idea is worth 0%, its the artist making it. heck the only thing you should get is maybe a free tee bought from the profit he makes on it. for the idea. unless all the work you gave in it is the idea, your making nothing and no one will possible want to do business with you. im sorry but your approach is just atrociously wrong!
    123 weeks ago
    As much as I think an artist's work is worth WAY more than 50%, I don't think good ideas are worth 0%.

I think when people are buying t-shirts, good art work is expected. The competition for sales isn't necessarily about the quality of the art, it's about the creativity behind it. I think good designers (who are capable of putting out perfectly acceptable quality) are a dime a dozen, but ARTISTS who really think outside the box and innovate are much more rare.

Don't get me wrong, good ideas with bad execution aren't worth anything, but neither is technically good, but uninteresting art.
    123 weeks ago
    When onenif our fans provides us with an idea, and on the rare occasion it's worth producing (most recently "The Dead Are Too Big to Fail"), and if it prints somewhere, we will buy them one. We have over 20 hours of illustration into this design. It's not that the idea isn't worth anything, it's simply that the artist absorbs all of the risk by pouring time into the design. Time that could be used playing with their kids, walking their dog, working a paid commission, etc. If you have an idea you want to see made, pay an artist to make it. Once you own it, submit it. Or, learn Photoshop, study art history/practice/theory and have a crack at it yourself :)
    123 weeks ago
    Hey guys. I've got this cool idea for a shirt. It's a secret though but it has to do with Kermit the Frog and the LOL WUT pear... message me if you want to draw it for me. There's a crisp Hamilton in it for whomever can make it work.

Thanks a lot guys. Don't message me too fast and crash the server plz.
    123 weeks ago
    If your previous threads are anything to go by I doubt the idea is worth anywhere near 50%. And I wouldn't have thought any self respecting artist would want to collaborate with someone who only a couple of weeks ago passed off someone else's work as his own on here.
    122 weeks ago
    Big J said: If your previous threads are anything to go by I doubt the idea is worth anywhere near 50%. And I wouldn't have thought any self respecting artist would want to collaborate with someone who only a couple of weeks ago passed off someone else's work as his own on here.
    Wait...for real?

I have to check this out...

Holy hell, that thread is the greatest thing ever. Way to fall flat on your face. Why would you even continue to post here after being called out and shown to be completely and utterly shady? Do you think anyone that gets wind of your previous post is going to want to collaborate with you, especially considering that the second anyone challenges you on an idea, you either get in their face about it or lie straight up.

I have plenty of ideas, too, but you know what I've done instead of faking it or begging others to make it for me so I can sell it? I've been attempting to create the designs myself. I used to be a pretty good artist but never worked hard to hone the craft. If I can pull it off to my liking and make it on one of these sites, more power to me, if not, it's another of the literally billions of ideas that are recognized but never acted upon.

Such. Is. Life.

If I were you I'd spend a lot more time attempting to repair my horrible image on these boards before trying to solicit someone's help for an idea that "will be really popular."
    122 weeks ago
    Good so I wasn't the only one that looked at his other threads, lol
    122 weeks ago
    i'll give 80% to the artist and 20% to me. The monetary aspect is not that important to me.
    122 weeks ago
    Here's what I don't get...you won't even share the idea here...

Are you afraid of someone taking the idea?

It makes no sense...

I mean...who would steal someone else's idea and pass it off as their own?

I mean...someone else's actual art? Yeah, that's fine, but their idea? That's just wrong.
    122 weeks ago
    Eastworld said: i'll give 80% to the artist and 20% to me. The monetary aspect is not that important to me.

If the monetary aspect is not that important to you, hop on over to my website, click shop and buy like there's no tomorrow. In fact, everyone should do this after (of course) they have bought whichever lovely, awesome, brilliant TeeFury shirt is in print today.

It should be noted that any money I do earn usually gets spent irresponsibly on web hosting, art software, training and computer hardware so I can produce more designs. Honestly I just hose money up the wall most days, it'd be cheaper to have a Charlie Sheen habit. Instead I buy dumb stuff like pencils and paper.

Naturally I'm not that eager to give away 20% to some clown on the internet whose ideas appear to revolve around stealing someone else's art and passing it off as his own.

The harsh reality (this is for everyone else, as there's no getting through to Eastworld) is that ideas for T-shirt designs are a dime a dozen. The value is in the time and effort the artist has taken to both hone his/her skill and the execution of the design.
    122 weeks ago
    This idea Is my own. I think 20% Is very reasonable. When i say the monetary value isnt important, Im saying my focus isnt on making money for it, id like a shirt and for it to be made. Also i am no clown, dont know how to juggle. Instead of continually putting opinion comments. How bout someone try and make the design, which is the reason i made this thread. I am asking for someone great to make this, not your opinions on not making it.

122 weeks ago
    You just do not seem to grasp what everyone is saying to you here. Artists on this board have their own ideas...one's that match their own style, that they cultivated themselves and have the will and desire to put forth the effort to create.

$1/shirt, even at the rate that TeeFury sells is still less than you'd think, and the effort put in by the artists is thanks largely to their desire and craft, not monetary based. No one ever dreamed of becoming an artist while growing up for the fame and fortune. Anyone who knows much about the skills needed and the sacrifice understands how non-profitable it can be.

The term starving artist was coined for a reason. So don't go around thinking that people here are here for money, and don't think offering them an idea that is likely not as good as their own and $.80 on the dollar of what they could make if they made their own shirt, is going to convince someone to hope on board with you. The fact remains, at the end of the day, that people don't want to deal with you.

You've alienated yourself from just about everyone here, you've shown your class to be of the lowest value, and more than that, and the part that I think you're completely missing, is you've insulted every artist that comes here. You've shown to all of these people you're trying to "hire" that you do not value an artists work, time and effort. By attempting to steal an idea, then defending that you drew it yourself 4 years ago, and then saying "technically it was my idea because I also thought of mashing these together" shows that honestly, you could give a rats smurfing arse about how much time and effort goes into these shirts.

So, tell me, why would anyone who's seen what you value their work, want to help you? Especially when you're so much more secretive about your own intellectual design than you should be. It's almost as if you were worried someone was going to steal the idea.

Which makes no sense, as I've said before. But the thing I just realized is, it makes LITERALLY no sense, with you saying that the monetary compensation is the last thing on your mind, and that you just want to see the shirt made. If that were true, you'd share this million-dollar idea with everyone here in hopes that someone either makes it with your help and input, and allows you to have $.20/shirt or "steals" the idea and makes the shirt...

Either way you get this "brilliant" shirt that you so desire...so what does it matter?
    122 weeks ago
    PREACH
    122 weeks ago
    Ok, i see your point. it was your idea eastworld, and everyone giving you smurf and stuff. why? its seems fair, 80:20 and all. so ill go ahead and do the picture. enlighten me with the idea, and ill try to make it. however, i need some insperation to do it, so if my artistic "FEELING" isnt right, i wont be able to do anything. so what is it?
    122 weeks ago
    What's your email? ill contact you through there, or maybe through facebook. I know that i am not liked here and i feel bad about it. i do value the work since im saying 80/20. im not here to get people upet, i just have a shirt i want to see made.
  • Load More Comments