Back to forum
rss 137 weeks ago
Hi all, Just wondering if anyone else experienced this today?
I clicked my bookmark for the site as normal but Chrome came up with the malware warning page. It did the same thing when I clicked through to the forum too.
Not sure whether there is a nasty on the site or some coding has been changed that Chrome doesn't seem to like but thought I would give the heads up.
11Comments
    137 weeks ago
    I didn't get the error but my girlfriend kept saying she was being blocked by her computer from viewing the site because of it.
    137 weeks ago
    same here

it's gone now
    but I had this yesterday too

what's going on?
    137 weeks ago
    Not just Chrome, Firefox is also flagging TeeFury as a malware infected site.
    137 weeks ago
    Same issue, also using chrome.
    137 weeks ago
    stilll having that problem on fire fox
    137 weeks ago
    Fixed!
    137 weeks ago
    born2code said: Fixed!

That's great.

However, for the benefit of everyone else. Scan your computer with fully updated anti-virus software now.

A scan I did after receiving the warning about TeeFury turned up a Trojan in the browser I used for this site yesterday and this morning. It was not detected merely by having the Anti-virus turned on, it had to be actively scanned for.

It's entirely possible it didn't come from TeeFury. But it would be wise for anyone who visited the site prior to it being fixed to scan their computer.

Assuming it wasn't just an ordinary bug in the system, why are you not advising customers to do this? I'm sure they will be none too pleased if they find a Trojan you didn't tell them about.
    137 weeks ago
    i didn't have this problem at all, and i have active scanning and just boot-scanned today, no issues at all. im sure it was a suspicion and not a virus alert you guys got, a apparent trojan. registers as a possible virus, but just some harmless bad coding on their end. however, if you have antivirus or can get some good free anti virus, it would be wise to scan and definitely boot-scan if possible. but no rush to put some cash down for some protection.
    137 weeks ago
    Was getting warnings for Black Hole Exploits, as well as trojans.
    137 weeks ago
    Good stuff, thanks for the swift responses and the fix :D
    137 weeks ago
    Notebook experienced the same inconvenience as Chuffy; and I do not think Chuffy and I share common websites besides teefury. Not to mention it was on the same day. Real hassle.

E