Back to forum
rss 125 weeks ago
In the left corner we have Marvel Comics Icon (From Dayton, Ohio).......

"The Hulk"!

And his opponent, the WWF Legend (From Venice Beach, California).....

"Hulk Hogan"!

DING, DING, DING!!!

200s0zp.jpg
16Comments
    125 weeks ago
    Did you draw these?
    124 weeks ago
    yeah, the text though was not.
    124 weeks ago
    Seeing as this was added to this site in 2004, I think it's safe to say you most certainly did not draw this...

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=14744&gsub=1820
    124 weeks ago
    124 weeks ago
    yikes, you didn't really need to call the dude out, cuz' i think most of us already know about this design.
    124 weeks ago
    I wouldn't have if he didnt say "yea I drew this"
    124 weeks ago
    yea i added it in 2004
    124 weeks ago
    this is an old drawing,. How about you guys give some comments about this as a tee and if you like it.
    124 weeks ago
    Eastworld said: yea i added it in 2004

You're not fooling anyone here and it is despicable to steal someone else's work and represent it as your own creation.

In your own words, you're "not that great at design, drawing and artist stuff" so just give it up.
    124 weeks ago
    What do you guys think of it as a shirt. I think there are alot of wrestling fans as well as comic fans.
    124 weeks ago
    Just to be 100% clear, we don't print designs people find on Google. We work with original artists who draw and create the art themselves.
    124 weeks ago
    do they print shirts with pop culture references and the likeness from copyrighted material which can be found on google?...alll the time. No artist has any ownership or asked permission from the copyright holders of the different pop culture references they use.
    124 weeks ago
    Eastworld said: No artist has any ownership or asked permission from the copyright holders of the different pop culture references they use.

You might want to read up on parody. It's legal and has a long history in American culture.

As an example, the artist who drew Hulk Hogan fighting the Hulk created a parody. But taking that person's art and selling it without their permission would be illegal and wrong.

Next time, come up with your own idea and try to draw it yourself :) It takes practice to get good at anything, so the sooner you start, the sooner you'll create something awesome.
    124 weeks ago
    Funny thing is I did come up with the idea myself. It was in my head to mash up those things.
    124 weeks ago
    No dude, you can't just slap on Hulk-a-mania on there and call it your art, you need to actually made the drawing.

If you have an idea, that's fantastic, that's great, but you can't just take another dude's art and call it your own just because it was "in your head to mash up those things"
    124 weeks ago
    This is a joke thread, right?