Back to forum
rss 126 weeks ago
I love the Inheritance Cycle books...I'm so excited to get the new one! I have been playing around with this idea for the past few days (and learned a few new tricks in the process! lol). What do you think?

Photobucket
14Comments
    126 weeks ago
    whatever this refers to ... it looks really really good

you could give this a little ore depth (and those dragons a little more prominence) by somehow darkening the background swirls - either by halftoning them slighty (with usual halftone techniques) or you could halftone them by giving them a little wear / distress. not much, not too random ... but just to let the dragons stand out a little more
    126 weeks ago
    It refers to the Inheritance Cycle books by Christopher Paolini...You probably know Eragon...this depicts the 4 dragons from the books...and I played off 'cycle' with the circles. THX for the idea...I'll give it a shot and see what it looks like :D
    126 weeks ago
    Oh god! I would love to buy this shirt!
    This is so awesome! I'm re-reading all the books at the moment and I got a signed copy of Inheritance.

I do agree that the dragons could stand out a bit from the swirl pattern.
    Amazing job! I didn't ever expect to see an Inheritance cycle shirt.
    126 weeks ago
    Also, for anyone who's only familiar with the film that was made, that is NOT an accurate representation of the epicness that composes these books.
    126 weeks ago
    Sofiae said: Also, for anyone who's only familiar with the film that was made, that is NOT an accurate representation of the epicness that composes these books.

No, not by half! LOL. Just an inkling, really :D
    126 weeks ago
    ok...I added a little texture to the background circles, and you were right...it did pop the dragons out of the design. Awesome, and thanks!

Photobucket

126 weeks ago
    Hypnotic kaleidoscope of well formed pixels reminds me somewhat of the style in which"Tool"projects there art.
    126 weeks ago
    thx!
    125 weeks ago
    not sure if i like it. kinda too colorful. lol, like your making art for an awsome book series. however the underlying issue with me is its on black. im sick of black shirts, i just dont buy them anymore. you should look into other color choices ans see which ones people like more.
    123 weeks ago
    Maybe a light blue to represent the sky? I don't mind the black, and even though it's very colorful to the point that if you aren't looking directly at the drawing you can't really see the dragons I think it's interesting, and it's not so obvious and upfront about what the shirt is.
    I really adore this! I would love to buy it.
    122 weeks ago
    This is Awesome! It has the same book art vibe great work. I love the black background it outlines the swirls. Straight to it though, Saphira and Thorn should be on opposing ends. Glaedr should be a brighter gold, like the bottom of the neck in brisingr cover. Light up the eyes. A little brighter green or blue swirls would make the whole thing pop even a bit more. If your not trying to be discreet I'd also throw in a eldunari at the center or dragon eggs at the corners so the reference is more prevalent. My personal suggestion on a subscteefurycopy would be stenr risa, or a Shakespearean quote in Paolini's style that'd reach out beyond the books and keep the anonymity of the artwork.
    .....I've been looking at this thing for the better part of forever now, but is it just me or are the dragon's tails not centered to the swirls?...And Stay away from those Easter color backgrounds or you'll lose me. Even w everything I see I'd still buy as is good job.
    122 weeks ago
    *subscteefurycopy wow that was interesting...
    122 weeks ago
    i guess it auto-corrects to that idk im a newbie
    122 weeks ago
    Thanks for the thoughts! I'll have to play around with that a bit. This is still one of my favorite designs. I was definitely trying to be subtle with the references, and sticking to the color limit can be a definite challenge!