Back to forum
rss 125 weeks ago

So here is Dexter's Killing Tools complete with each Monster he has vanquished per season.

The idea is to only see the tools from a distance but once you get up close you'll see the faces of the Monsters.

Do the faces blend in well enough or do they stand out too much? Thoughts, concerns?
28Comments
    125 weeks ago
    i think this is a great, subtle design. I've only watched season one (not even til the end), so I can't vouch for the likenesses, but I can definitely recognize John Lithgow's face. I bet Dexter fans would love this. Nice work.
    125 weeks ago
    Amazing work, though if anyone sat next to me on the subway wearing this, I'd move to a new seat!
    125 weeks ago
    Sorry for the spoilers patrick. Your in for a treat if you haven't even finished season one. It gets better towards the end, once they get all their characters set up.
    125 weeks ago
    My husband would INSIST that I buy this! And I'd have to get one for myself, too! lol.
    125 weeks ago
    I've only ever read the books, but I love this shirt. Really should get into the series.
    125 weeks ago
    I love the way you handled the weapons! They look perfect. I don't know if the blades without the faces are needed.. They make the over-all design seem too horizontal. Is this 15'' in. wide? It could just be that the shirt you used to mock it up on looks stretched. Do you have a shirt mock-up kit? I can send you one through e-mail if you like.
    125 weeks ago
    i like it! i'd make the shirt black so its like his kit
    125 weeks ago
    COOL!
    125 weeks ago
    My Tee mockup does uses a wide tee I need to make a new one. You can send me that kit to the email on my facebook page, Thanks CoD.

I could loose the scalpel, since it's really not part of the set. I just like the way it ended the wave pattern the blades make.

I'll try out just a 6 blade look, went I mocked it up it reminded me of a sweeter vest pattern running across the center of the chest.

I'll add a forth color and see what it looks like on black, MrKroli.
    125 weeks ago
    killingtoolstest2.png

Here's a quick mock up. What's the public's opinion the full kit or just the six blades? Silver or Black.

The black looks nice do you think the handles get lost in the shirt?
    125 weeks ago
    It's very nice and subtle. I like the idea, but Maybe if you added a little blood splatter it'd pop more and read as a dexter shirt not just a shirt with knives.
    125 weeks ago
    /oh/ Oh I like this.
    125 weeks ago
    Caddywompus said: killingtoolstest2.png

Here's a quick mock up. What's the public's opinion the full kit or just the six blades? Silver or Black.

The black looks nice do you think the handles get lost in the shirt?

I wasn't sold on the design until I saw this black tee with 6 blades instead of the whole set. Now this one I'd definately buy. Really awsome.

The other one was a bit crouded and the blades got lost a bit in the light background.
    125 weeks ago
    LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!
    125 weeks ago
    6 blades on black and you got yourself your next print! Great work!!

Try using that Mock-Up kit I sent and try some other color combos as well. I'd like to see a close-up on black as well. Otherwise the distant view looks like money!
    125 weeks ago
    Black.

E
    125 weeks ago
    righttoolscompared.png

Might submit both versions and let the powers at be decide.
    124 weeks ago
    Sold on choice #2 on Black/Dark Grey.
    124 weeks ago
    they both look great. i love the idea and the show.
    124 weeks ago
    Yep 6 blades!

I know you like having more blades but think of this way- You drew some amazing weapons you could always use in another design! It's what I do. I have excess drawn smurf that I compile in a folder called: "random elements" and I pick from it whenever I need something to save time!
    124 weeks ago
    Ahhh #$*%@ !>@$ %(!>#.. Who else saw Dexter last night?
    124 weeks ago
    hahaha yes I saw it!! While you don't have to get rid of Geller since he is a major part of why Travis is a complete nut case. So Add Travis' face to that large saw blade and your set buddy :)
    124 weeks ago
    >>>>

Just in case someone is not up to date on the latest episodes.

I originally planned to have both Travis and Gellar on the bone saw but during the creation process it appeared Travis was deemed innocent during the current episodes. Glad I left Gellar on that big blade.

Judging by the previews I'm not totally convinced that Gellar is Travis' dark passenger but closer to what Harry is to Dexter. A Conscience?

I'll plan on keeping both unless something happens in the next few episodes. I just hope I don't have to remove Gellar cause I really like Edward James Olmos' look there, you can see the monster inside peeking out.
    124 weeks ago
    SPOILERS ABOVE FOR SEASON 6

*sorry not sure what happened to the code above.
    101 weeks ago
    BUMP

I do not know when the new season commences, because I do not follow television that obsessively closely, but I do not think there is a better submission to be accepted besides this one for it (new season). Of course, you may have to adjust the vanquished monsters accordingly to what took place at the end of Season 6.

E
  • Load More Comments