Back to forum
rss 127 weeks ago
Hey everyone! Just decided to have a little fun with a quick MashedPotato of two of the best sports past-times with the kings of each game. It's a simple design but that's what I like about it so much. I how you agree. As always, love to hear any feedback.

Photobucket

Here's a closer look at the artwork...

Photobucket

Thanks everyone.

- Warbucks Collection -
25Comments
    127 weeks ago
    Would. so. buy. this. right. freaking. now.

Well, if his hand looked like he was holding the broom and his head weren't so small, that is ;)

But those are my only complaints. The idea is PERFECT.
    127 weeks ago
    Also, my Human Test was "bustamuw" which is almost "bust a move" which is almost relevant to the design.

Anyway, carry on...
    127 weeks ago
    Thanks.I can see your comments. Everything looked proportional to me, and believe it or not, I battle whether to make him grasping the broom or pushing of as if he was reaching... obviously I went with the reaching/pushing off. Let's if anyone has an opinion. Nothing that couldn't be easily changed.

Thanks again!!

Oh, and that's great about your human test. So weird!
    127 weeks ago
    Sorry about the grammar in the last post. Typed way too fast.
    127 weeks ago
    I know it totally messes up the taterness of the overall design, but I can't help asking myself - shouldn't Harry be reaching for a snitch rather than the quaffle?

I *hate* being that picky, but I had to ask the question. Hope you understand!
    127 weeks ago
    I knew someone was going to say that.. and that's ok. I was going to make it a generic character from Harry Potter and that's how I started... but the more you look at it, the more it looks like Harry. Again, it was a fun idea and I know some probably won't like it but I went with the more playful idea. I appreciate your comments though! Thanks.
    127 weeks ago
    Another great design, love it. I can't wait until you get your first TeeFury print. You are truly a very talented artist!
    127 weeks ago
    let me first say that i love the smurf out of this.

however, i do have to agree with the comment about the head, it looks a little small. as for the snitch, i have to agree for technical reasons but if you change the quaffle to a snitch it might be too small and you'll lose some of the NBA reference. perhaps it would be easier to make the player look less like harry? the hand bothers me slightly but only now that it's been pointed out. i didn't notice it at all at first.

although honestly i'd buy it as is. im a sucker for all things hp.
    127 weeks ago
    I LOVE SO MUCH! I disagree with the snitch thing; the quaffle is the most recognizable. I would DEFINITELY buy it!
    127 weeks ago
    first off, great idea.

I'm a HUGE HP fan and i have about 6 hp shirts from teefury. i might suggest changing the color scheme. there have been ALOT of black HP shirts (see master of death, Gcrest, slytherin quidditch, snitches be crazy, death eaters, etc). although, I don't know what colors would be better; maybe some house colors? your choice of house obviously.

While i understand this is the color scheme of Air Jordan, i doubt many people will buy this because of its Jordan relation, but rather for its HP reference. The spread-legged-logo itself is enough to recognize the Air Jordan reference.

Idk if anyone else feels the same way, but if you're a long-time teefury customer and you love HP, you already have about 4+ black harry potter shirts. That will certainly factor into my decision to buy this shirt or not and i imagine it will for others like me as well.
    127 weeks ago
    Hey guys... thanks so much for the great comments. I love the feedback and appreciate all the criticism. I hope to someday get a TeeFury shirt printed... maybe someday. I like all your comments and if it comes down to it they are all easy changes. I understand your point about the snitch but I really don't want to get too far away from the Jordan reference so I'd rather keep the concept the way it is. If need be I can always make the character look more generic. Again, it's great to read all the great comments and I'm glad the majority really like the idea. You guys rock!
    127 weeks ago
    jpsenior - thanks. I totally understand your dilemma with the same color shirts on TeeFury. I would like to get a little more feedback before I change away from the red and black since I do want to keep true to the Jordan mash up. However I want to produce a product that HP would love to have. If anyone else has an opinion.... please feel free to share it!
    127 weeks ago
    Easy color change while keeping a true Jordan mash-up... white/navy on Carolina blue. As a die-hard Tar Heel/Potter-fan, I'd be one happy camper.
    127 weeks ago
    ponyace - Maybe we can get you one!
    127 weeks ago
    I think the color works great - classic Jordan logo. I think a snitch in place of the quaffle might play better - as the ball is a major element to the Jordan logo, I think swapping it out with a tiny snitch might be cool. Might also be cool to distress it a little - like a vintage Jordan shirt.
    127 weeks ago
    Interesting comments. I just thnk the snitch would be too small and I would lose the Jordan element. Anyone else have a thought about it?

I do like the distressed concept. That might be an interesting element to add. Thank you!
    127 weeks ago
    If you had a tiny snitch in the center beating its wings rapidly the shock wave (i guess is the best way to put it) ripple you get from say a humming bird would create a larger object from a distance.

Hope that makes sense. It did in my head at least.
    127 weeks ago
    Caddywompus - It does make sense and I think that would be a great solution (if everyone prefers the snitch). Thanks!

Let's hope TeeFury likes the design. One day I might get lucky.
    126 weeks ago
    As far as I'm concerned - you're overdue! I'm still sad the Disney/Hogwarts one didn't get picked.
    126 weeks ago
    ponyace - Thank you. That's appreciated. I'd love to score one win!
    126 weeks ago
    ponyace said: As far as I'm concerned - you're overdue! I'm still sad the Disney/Hogwarts one didn't get picked.

yup! that design was awesome. i would have bought two, idk what TF was thinking.
    126 weeks ago
    I like the idea. But i wonder what it would look like if you used the snitch instead of a qwaffle. I'm just gonna be honest and point out the things that might keep me personally from buying it: the cape, the hand on the broom, and the legs. With the cape, it's just too awkwardly short, i think that could be played with a little bit. The hand on the broom looks slightly awkward and the broom tail looks too small, but that could because the legs are so big. The legs are drawn fine, but i think in relative proportion to the upper body, it looks off. And i think that maybe all you need to do is increase the size of the upper body?

Just a few suggestions! :) Good luck!
    126 weeks ago
    No. Keep the suggestions coming. I love the feedback and if I can satisfy the majority.... even better. Great ideas, guys. Appreciated. Still trying to score that tee that sells!
    126 weeks ago
    You may run into trademark issues with the logo, which is different than copyright parody. Unfortunately I've known Teefury to almost always stay away from trademark designs, especially when the owner is a company as big as Nike. Good luck, but there's always Red Bubble!
    126 weeks ago
    Yeah... I never know what they going to pick but I thought it was a fun idea so I posted it anyway. Thanks for the support.