Back to forum
rss 140 weeks ago
Love love love this one! I've been tossing this idea around in my head for a while...combining the Master's pocket watch with Dali...

Photobucket
4Comments
    140 weeks ago
    Reworked with some halftones in the background and planter...I like! :D What do YOU think?

Photobucket
    139 weeks ago
    I think this is a really cool idea and off to a great start, but I think it's kind of one note-- it needs a few more touches to make it killer, more layers to make it more desirable to fans of the show. Why not try making the sky Gallifrey orange, or have one clock feature the time or date of the Doctor's "death"? The original painting has that great cliff face in the back, which you could incorporate with the cliff face from the show that River writes on. Excited to see this develop and get even cooler.
    139 weeks ago
    I like the ideas! thx!
    139 weeks ago
    Ok...much work done here! Taking above comment into consideration I tweaked and added a few things...the Gallifreyan sky, the charred bit of the TARDIS, a couple of Seal's of Rassilon (love that design...I've been working on a crochet blanket with that motif...LOVE! :D). Dali often had birds flying in his scenes, so I played on that with repetitions of the 'crack'. I also added some of the little Time Lord boxes from 'The Doctor's Wife' (my favorite episode!), and played a bit with the background (loved the cliff face idea, thx so much tuckerc!) and shadowing. I think it has turned out really neat. I welcome any thoughts! :D

Photobucket

Also, thx to Chuffy for the cool tee mockup...mega thumbs up!

Photobucket
    Photobucket