Back to forum
rss 126 weeks ago
New Mythbuster's/Dexter's Lab design! Black and White scan, next step is to vectorize it in illustrator then color it

Photobucket
13Comments
    126 weeks ago
    Photobucket
    126 weeks ago
    Dude, would totally buy this! Don't know if it needs the text, but it definitely looks great.
    126 weeks ago
    Haha, this is so great! I'm counting like 8 colors though. You could definitely eliminate the gray, but I'm not sure which of the other colors to get rid of.

Just a tiny detail, but when you vectorized it the hand holding the remote control thing got a little weird on one of the fingers. It doesn't look like it's attached to his hand.
    126 weeks ago
    I love this. Teefury definitely needs a few more mythbusters tees. It looks great as is, but I was also able to count 7 or 8 colors. It might be interesting to see it without the text like noelpenn said too. I'm really looking forward to this being on teefury.
    126 weeks ago
    Thanks for the feedback guys! I fixed a few coloring errors and added in an apostrophe:

Photobucket

Here it is without text too:
    Photobucket

i personally still prefer the text, i feel it unifies the design more but we'll see. I do have 8 colors, but i wasn't sure which ones were sacrificable.
    126 weeks ago
    As far as I can tell, you're still at WAY too many colors, so you might want to work on that. I count 9 colors, even on the most recent design (white, black, gray, brown, flesh, green, yellow, orange and blue)
    126 weeks ago
    Yeah i knew there were too many colors :/ But there's only 8. The blue is strictly a background color, so it wouldn't count. I'm still happiest with the 8 color design, and it's being sold in 8 colors elsewheredbubbl but for teefury, here's a six color version:

Photobucket

I eliminated the brown and the gray. Making the brown orange, and darkening it and the gray to white.
    126 weeks ago
    I'm liking the 6 color version even more. Nice job reducing the count.
    126 weeks ago
    Thanks :D I submitted the six color version! Fingers crossed
    126 weeks ago
    This is an amazing design! I really hope it gets accepted! This is a different style, and combines two of my best memories- Dexter's Laboratory, and the more recent Mythbusters! Awesome!
    126 weeks ago
    I agree the six color design nails it! Well done
    126 weeks ago
    Thanks guys! Wish me luck!

And if it's doesn't get picked up here it's available elsewhe-redbubble
    126 weeks ago
    Sorry I didn't catch you before submission, but did you mean to move that apostrophe over to the right of the "s"?