Back to forum
rss 127 weeks ago
Personally, I love her, but what do you think? Definitely my favorite Who villains :)

Photobucket
8Comments
    127 weeks ago
    The art is pretty good, but is this part of something else? There are some awesome weeping angel shirts out there already. I don't think TeeFury will jump on this as is, but if it were part of a very clever design it will have a better chance.
    127 weeks ago
    i want a Weeping angel shirt so bad, but it does need something else, and i would be scared to wear a weeping angel you know. the image of an angel itself becomes and angel.
    127 weeks ago
    any ideas on what else it might need? I was trying to stay away from text for this one, if I could, though I'm not totally opposed...and didn't want a cheesy background to draw away from the angel itself. I'm open to suggestions :D

I know if I saw a design like this right now it would be an instabuy, lol.
    127 weeks ago
    Yeah, sorry, I have to agree with pepsivanilla up there--the art is eh but the composition doesn't compel me to buy, plus I don't think you can just trace the source material directly (I've seen this picture of the angel, so i know where it came from).

An instabuy Weeping Angel would be the one that Mike Dimayuga designed...you can just Google his version. "The Stare Down" by zero was also pretty awesome (though it wasn't JUST Weeping Angel, it was epic/awesome).
    127 weeks ago
    didn't trace it...did use a reference pic, though. ;) I'll have to check out the designs you mentioned :)
    127 weeks ago
    Yeah i think that if you want to do anything with this, you need to do a lot of work. I do like the use of shadow and light, but honestly, there's work to be done.

All we have here, is a poorly copied crying angel. A simple google search of "weeping ange"l comes up with this exact image on the thirdish result. If you had used source material to recreate the angel in a more interesting pose or in this pose WITH something else, it'd work better. Source material isn't for replication, it's for inspiration.

Most shirts need some sort of "hook" beyond just nerd appeal. Whether they're funny or cool or exciting. This is none of those things. If you want a weeping angel shirt, you should add some sort of joke or reference or something. I don't know Dr. Who very well, but i know art.

Your style also needs some work. That sounds harsh but it looks like you drew it in MS paint.

Good luck!
    127 weeks ago
    I didn't...actually, this was done before I got my Bamboo, with a mouse...ugh, major pita, LOL! I know she needs work. ;) In fact, the frustration with this pic is what finally drove me to get it, lol. Now it is a bit of a learning curve with a new toy :D THX for the thoughts...I will definitely take them into consideration. :D
    126 weeks ago
    Today's t-shirt is an awesome example of creativity re: The Weeping Angels. Take your tips from that.