Back to forum
rss 140 weeks ago
Here's a design idea I've been working on. A MashedPotato between Star Wars and Galaga. I'm getting close to submitting this one, but I wanted to get some input first. Any comments would be appreciated! Thanks!

staralaga
7Comments
    140 weeks ago
    Amazeballs. I literally squealed with joy.

Don't change anything, it's awesome. Hope you get printed.
    140 weeks ago
    Agreed. Two thumbs up!
    140 weeks ago
    agreed as well. Can't find a thing wrong with it.
    140 weeks ago
    I love pixel tribute art!

Actually I spot one thing that seems off-- Some of your Orange wave lines (coming from the Star Destroyer) are not following the same arc as the Blue Wave lines. Hope that makes sense.

I was also wondering if this didn't look too similar to Space Invaders more than Galaga. Been a while since I played either but I'm certain Space Invader enemies attacked in rows and Galaga enemies attacked in random geometric patterns. Either way it's cool.

*Note- I had a Space Invaders arcade machine in my house as a child. What an awesome childhood filled with jamming pennies into a machine that i could have played for free :)
    140 weeks ago
    Thanks for the comments everyone! @CoDdesigns - I see what you're saying about the lines coming from the star destroyer - the original intention was to mimic the look of the actual pixels from the game, but it probably would make more sense to use a little artistic license to make it look a little more cohesive. As far as the Galaga gameplay, I think the enemy ships would always come flying in loops at the beginning, then they would line up in the formation and attack one or maybe two at a time. So they didn't always sit in the formation, but there were points in the game where they were in formation.

CoDdesigns said: I love pixel tribute art!

Actually I spot one thing that seems off-- Some of your Orange wave lines (coming from the Star Destroyer) are not following the same arc as the Blue Wave lines. Hope that makes sense.

I was also wondering if this didn't look too similar to Space Invaders more than Galaga. Been a while since I played either but I'm certain Space Invader enemies attacked in rows and Galaga enemies attacked in random geometric patterns. Either way it's cool.

*Note- I had a Space Invaders arcade machine in my house as a child. What an awesome childhood filled with jamming pennies into a machine that i could have played for free :)
    140 weeks ago
    Okay, this is cool.
    139 weeks ago
    Amazing would buy for sure. Please print teefury.