Thoughts? TIA!
13Comments
    127 weeks ago
    thats interesting.
    127 weeks ago
    madragnmastr said: thats interesting.

Interesting good, I hope :D
    126 weeks ago
    Not quite sure it's "parody-y" enough for Teefury, could have some copyrights issues.

However I'll critique what I see. Definitely looks spot on as far the Farnsworth design goes, however I'd remove the grey splatters (I assume they're meant to be shadows/reflections of some kind) as they don't really look like anything but mud and make it look messy. I'd also shift around the noise on the screen, the balance on Arty's face looks weird. Like it's mostly grey. Maybe shift the grey and white around a bit?
    126 weeks ago
    I was trying to get the slightly tarnished, grungy/old look on the brass...didn't actually care for the gray either. I'm just getting into computer drawing...been drawing on paper forever, LOL, and am finding color limits a bit of a challenge. I like that though..it keeps me on my toes. :D
    126 weeks ago
    ok, changed up a bit...removed the blotches, popped the black/white/gray on Artie's face...Still struggling with trying to achieve that tarnished brass look... I just think this looks TOO clean...idk, LOL. Still playing. :D

Photobucket
    126 weeks ago
    ok, how is this? It is much closer to what I was trying to get with the first draft...

Photobucket
    126 weeks ago
    I think the crosshatching looks a lot better than the splotches from the first draft. Arty's face kinda bothers me. I think it's just that the style it's done in is so different from the rest of the design.
    126 weeks ago
    Arty's face needs to be more discernible. You might have to totally redo that. Make it so we can tell that it's a face and whose face it is. it's better than the first draft but needs fixing

I feel like the crosshatching is ok but it doesn't need it. the device itself looks very flat because of the perspective, but the buttons and stuff all look painted on.

I don't like the text at all either. It might look better above the device? But the letters are too thin, you should definitely use a bolder font to make it stand out more. You might want to use a font more reminiscent of Warehouse 13 too.
    126 weeks ago
    ok...so more work on the 3 dimensionality of the controls...I was thinking that myself. I do like it a lot better with the crosshatching than without. Artie's face...sigh...I'm playing around with that now, trying to find the happy medium between clarity and that slightly warped look the device gives to images. thx for the help! :D
    126 weeks ago
    The font is all kinds of wrong, sorry. It's a great idea though, a little more work and it could be an instabuy!
    126 weeks ago
    ok, latest version...changed the font and text location, and I think I got Artie's face where I want it...

Photobucket
    126 weeks ago
    Now it's too much white on his face. I honestly liked the picture before (second to last posted) but it was still a bit off. It's hard finding the balance, I hope you find it though. And I agree, that old font was more horror movie swamp monster font than Warehouse.
    126 weeks ago
    finally??? I think that fixes it...a little less white on the face...I'm happy with it. thx for your help everyone!

Photobucket