Back to forum
rss 127 weeks ago
Photobucket

Inspired by my kiddos favorite show (and one I watch more than a 36yo probably should, LOL!)
6Comments
    127 weeks ago
    I have seen t-shirts with tons of text on them, but this is probably the first design I've seen with more than a ton of text on it. It's a cute concept, but as a P&F nerd/fan shirt, it doesn't pop for me. I'm not sure what else to say about it...maybe someone can come along and add in what I fail to find the words for?
    127 weeks ago
    lol...and I actually left out quite a few names. I had no idea there were quite so many when the idea came to me, but thought those super fans would have certain ones they recognized, and if they weren't there, they'd for sure know it!
    127 weeks ago
    My personal view is that a T-shirt design needs to work visually at two distances.

One is at normal person to person talking distance. And the other is at range. You can simulate this by shrinking your image down so it looks to be about an inch wide on your monitor.

At a distance your design doesn't look very interesting.

Close up it just looks like a list.

And unfortunately for all the effort you've gone into making the paper, tape, distressing and pen look nice, it doesn't make for a visually appealing design. Nor is it suited to being printed on a shirt with the amount of colors it appears to be using.

Do not abandon all hope! Keep reading...

There is no reason why an -inator list design couldn't work as long as the list was presented in a funny way that looks good.

You might have Doofensmirtz holding a long trailing piece of paper on which you can see some of the list items.

The list items could be labels attached to broken -inator devices piled up on a ssmurf heap.

Those are just a couple of ideas off the top of my head. I guess you have to think of how the list items might appear in a create a design that tells that story.

127 weeks ago
    That should say 'S_c_r_a_p Heap' not 'Ssmurf heap'. It seems the forum language filter doesn't like the last 4 letters.
    127 weeks ago
    thanks for the tips...I'll have to consider all of that. :)

I'd sketched out the Doofenshmirtz with a list idea previously, but had a hard time with deciding which Inators to feature. This way, I thought, conveyed the idea, and the lifetime time frame...from first science fair Inator, on through, pretty cohesively. I'd appreciate tips on the color count though...I tried really hard to limit my palette, and thought I'd kept it under 6...
    127 weeks ago
    yeah, not a fan.

Like others have said, it's a bit hard to read. Even in the picture there are a few that I'm squinting to see. I don't like the background bit either.

Admittedly, I'm not a P&F fan, having never seen the show. That said, it's not to say i wouldn't buy a shirt of it if it was done well. I actually really like the idea of an ---inator design because it's cutesy and quirky.