Back to forum
rss 127 weeks ago
Here are my latest submissions to TeeFury.

Since my webspace provider is unreliable, you may need to refresh the page once or click the links to see the images.

Old Space Image Link

DW Time Lord Image Link

I'll add more as they are submitted.

17Comments
    127 weeks ago
    Both of them are pretty good! Would purchase both if they were picked!
    127 weeks ago
    He's back! I am particularly fond of Old Space myself. Nice!
    127 weeks ago
    Thanks. =|:)

Yes I'm back. I've been busy working on my Illustrator skills. It's a vile program which I'm now beginning to enjoy using, finally.

Please enjoy a nerdtastic collage I made from cutaway detail elements of the Adobe Illustrator files. I had intended to show some clearer detail from both the above designs, but I got a bit carried away with the filters and stuff.

Nerdtastic Collage Image Link
    Design details from 'Old Space' & 'DW Time Lord'
    nerdtasticcollage.jpg

I think the top of the Lunar Module in the center kinda looks like a certain Who villain.

Man, I need to cover some other fandoms....
    127 weeks ago
    Welcome back Chuffy! We've missed you :)

These are both awesome! I like the Old Space design because you kind of have to look twice to realize it doesn't say "Old Spice" lol. Great work! :P
    127 weeks ago
    OH MY GOD I NEED THE WHO SHIRT IN MY LIFE!!!!!!
    127 weeks ago
    Lovin' the new work buddy. I'd shrink the entire D&W art by about 30%. It seems a little large on the shirt.
    127 weeks ago
    @Surfercat35 I've missed you too, thankyou. :) With so many teetrade threads and Illustrator training keeping me away I didn't have the time to give the forum the proper attention it deserves.

@tashab07 Thanks. And I want you to have it!

@CoDdesigns Cheers. It's a child size shirt... nah. I just made it big so that people could see the detail more. The artboard size is something close to the Teefury Silk Screen width limit, but being .AI and fully vector it's infinitely scalable without loss of quality. It's probably a bit too big; I'll leave that to Teefury's discretion if it gets picked.
    127 weeks ago
    Love "Old Space". Nicely done!
    127 weeks ago
    Cheers Manny :)

I'm really not able to produce as many different designs as I would like to do, because my health frequently interferes. But when I had the idea for "Old Space" I just had to do it ahead of a stack of other ideas I have on my to-do list.

It's a deceptively simple design, but I spent quite some time with the Pen tool and Bezier handles making the Old Space text look authentic. It's not a font or auto traced, it's all hand drawn curves. As I'm an Illustrator noob it took me ages, but the result was more satisfying to create.
    127 weeks ago
    I patiently await a Chuffy tee on the fury because when it hits I know it will be epic
    127 weeks ago
    They're both amazing, but the Old Space even more so. It's fantastic. As someone who is also new to Illustrator, I hope I can master it as well as you have already.
    127 weeks ago
    Thanks beware. I am STILL waiting to see your Ahab design somewhere. Please complete it, I can guarantee you at least one sale :)

You are too kind charmingfan. Mostly it's Pen Tool work. Fortunately I already had some experience with Vectors and Beziers before I started on Illustrator, the rest of the (large) gaps were filled in by online tutorials.

www.digitaltutors.com has some excellent free tutorials. Although I chose to subscribe for the more detailed ones. There are also quite a few other free online illustrator how to guides on youtube. Just google any tool you're unfamiliar with if the in program help doesn't actually help. It usually doesn't.

Once you master the Pen Tool the rest becomes a lot less daunting. If you can imagine it, you can draw it.

Don't waste your money on junk like the Adobe Illustrator Classroom in a book the official training workbook from Adobe systems because it's as bad as the baffling interface of the program itself. It's poorly written, contains errors and omissions and will leave a beginner stumped.

Art and design is a very visual task and this is what makes Video tutorials with someone showing you and telling you what they are doing are so much better.
    127 weeks ago
    I will try to wait patiently too.... I can't promise you too much patience!
    126 weeks ago
    My submission today...

Robot Oil Image Link
    robotoilsub.jpg

Inspired by Futurama, I decided to do this design in a style similar to Super Dry brand T-Shirts. I haven't yet decided whether I want a distress on this or not.

Design facts: It's actually two designs. Both are two color with thru-color. The one on the left is White & Red Ink and more suited to dark shirts, while the one on the right is White & Black Ink and suited to some bright and some light shirts.

Robot Oil Color Comparison Image Link
    robotoilcolorstudy.jpg

Hopefully my frugal use of ink and flexibility of shirt color will be appreciated somewhere =|;)
    126 weeks ago
    Mom has some tough competition! I like it! I think my favorite is the lower left on the green, but it works pretty well on several colors.
    125 weeks ago
    Surfercat35 said: Mom has some tough competition! I like it! I think my favorite is the lower left on the green, but it works pretty well on several colors.

Thanks :) It's a design made to work well with different shirt colors. Admittedly not every color works but enough do that there's a good choice.

Here is a distressed version which CoDdesigns did for me. Thankyou buddy. I find distressing my own designs a bit distressing. Looks like he sandpapered his monitor to achieve the effect. I prefer to write directly on the screen with crayons. ;)

Robot Oil Distressed version Image Link
    robotoildistress.jpg
    Also looks a bit like Oil stains on a Black tee. CoDdesigns did a very good job of making it look authentic.

Rather than flood Teefury with subs of the same design in several different versions I'll leave this one up for grabs if they want it. The thru color can also be distressed in the same way.
    125 weeks ago
    It was no problem buddy! This looks way better than the preview you sent me in the mail.. which I thought had no distress on it at all. I'm really liking this.

I have 4 favorites now- Red and White can on Navy, thru color on Red and Light Blue shirt and now the Red and White distress on black!