Back to forum
rss 141 weeks ago
Hi all! I just submitted this design as the tribute to my favorite game in the Mario Kart series and thought I would share with the community. Thanks for checking it out!

18Comments
    141 weeks ago
    Would it not make more sense if it was NESKART?
    141 weeks ago
    Neskart is very clever and as long as the font is the same with the flag people will still get the joke.

Other than that my only other critique is that the white on the trophy is super bright to my eyes. Mayber there's too much highlight or maybe I'm just crazy but I might try toning down all the whites to an off white or just giving the trophy a little less highlight. Awesome design!
    141 weeks ago
    NESKART is a great idea! I will have to go back and modify that. I will try playing around with some halftones for the white and see how it looks as well. Thanks all!
    141 weeks ago
    Fantastic design! I don't have much to contribute, only that I think Neskart is a great idea as well :D
    141 weeks ago
    I'm on board with NESKART. It works. I love the racers at the bottom.

Personally I agree that the white in the trophy is a bit bright. I think the trophy and the wreath dominate the shirt too much. I'd be interested to see them smaller and play up the racers and the logo more?
    141 weeks ago
    I really like this design! I agree as well that NESKART makes more sense and is still recognizable (clever, SoMoney!) Other than that, I'd leave it as is.
    141 weeks ago
    Awesome design! :D I love it as it is but I do think it might be cool to have the logo slightly bigger and the trophy smaller, like SKDesigns suggested.
    141 weeks ago
    Hi all! Attached is a revision of the design with some additional changes made. I did update the logo to "NESKART" and also rearranged a little to play up the logos more, and downsize the wreath/trophy a little. I haven't had a chance to play with halftoning the white on the trophy, but I think reducing the size of the trophy also helps in that regard. Let me know your thoughts, thanks!!

MushroomCupRevised.jpg

141 weeks ago
    I liked the first design much more. Although I appreciate the stepped podium style effect you have going on in the second design, the bigger laurel wreath and overall roundness of the first is more pleasing.

NASKART made me laugh, NESKART is even better.

If I were to change anything about the first design, I would try to get the character portrait circles to flow in a curve around the bottom. OR I'd make the portraits progressively smaller as the spread out either side of the center. Probably rearranging the characters in order of importance whichever route I took.

I think you got it 99% right first time. Good job. :)
    141 weeks ago
    I like the smaller trophy but I agree with Chuffy about the wreath looking better surrounding the design. Still looking great though :)
    141 weeks ago
    Thanks all for the input! Hopefully this one works as a final submission. For this one I went back to the original layout, but made the "NESKART 1500CC" and "Chase for the Cup" logos bigger, made the trophy smaller, changed naskart to NESKART, added the halftone on the white to make that not as bright, and adjusted the character pics from smaller on the edges to larger in the middle. Let me know what you think and and hopefully I will resubmit soon. Thanks again!!!!

MushroomCupRevise3.jpg

141 weeks ago
    Pretty close to perfect this time. :)

I think you may have scaled the Cup down a touch too far.

I've drawn a suggestion very quickly because it's easier to explain. I suggest trying to strike a balance between maintaining the overall circular shape of the design and keeping the cup at a nice scale.
    benscup.jpg
    Click this link or refresh if image fails to load
    Imagine the green circle follows the stem of the laurel wreath around the design. Then you could either move up or scale up the cup until the handles touch that circle (as indicated by the top arrow). If you move up the cup you can cover the gap by adding detail to the base (as indicated by the bottom arrow). It may mean tweaking the flag size outward a bit too.

141 weeks ago
    also last thing!

why is bowser the only one with a white background in his bubble? I think it should be black like all the rest
    141 weeks ago
    This is awesome! i'd totally buy this!
    141 weeks ago
    Thanks all! I don't want to bombard the good folks at TeeFury with re-submissions, but if it gets picked to print these are definitely some additional tweaks I could make before print. Once I get finished with my next design I may swing back around to this one again to touch-up. Again thanks!!!
    141 weeks ago
    TheBensanity said: Thanks all! I don't want to bombard the good folks at TeeFury with re-submissions....

No you should totally bombard them. I hear MJ and Jimiyo love looking at 127 subtly different versions of the same design so that they can play spot the difference during their long and frequent coffee breaks.

In fact, it's quite remarkable how they manage to get any work done at all. :)
    139 weeks ago
    Your Welcome, would buy for my friend for Christmas if printed soon.
    138 weeks ago
    Instant buy, love it!