Back to forum
rss 130 weeks ago
Here is an inception design that I just submitted...

Ariadne and Associates

It's a design that I've had for a long time. I reworked it and made it much simpler then added the vintage accents around the main image as well as a bit of distressing. What do you think?
17Comments
    130 weeks ago
    I love optical illusions and the movie Inception, so this shirt is pretty darn awesome!! I hope it gets printed - good luck!
    130 weeks ago
    I like it. Clean, simple and something a little different than the usual Teefury stuff. Hope it's another print for you.
    130 weeks ago
    I really love it!

if i were to change anything, i would make the lines thicker so it's a little more bold, but otherwise i really like the design!
    129 weeks ago
    I love the design. The vintage look is very nice. :] Hope it gets printed, we need some Inception shirts.
    129 weeks ago
    I hope its not printed on a cream shirt cuz I really like the design..
    129 weeks ago
    Beautiful!

Oh, and sheepbiter, I believe there's a thread that can give you tips on how to dye your white/cream Teefury shirts. :-D
    129 weeks ago
    The creme is on purpose to give it that vintage sepia feel with the brown. I love creme shirts why don't they ever get any love!? Not as boring as white but still light on a hot day? Maybe it's because I live in California.
    129 weeks ago
    I live in California too, it's just that creme matches my skin tone so it looks awkward on me.
    129 weeks ago
    I live in Las Vegas; bring on the creme/beige!

E
    129 weeks ago
    Super cool. I'd buy it. And then people would stare at my chest and blankly at my face. As usual.
    129 weeks ago
    Clever idea. Attractive and it makes a lot of sense.

One critique- the upside down guy doesn't look like he's walking on the stairs. Shouldn't part of his legs be covered since he's walking on the underside? Or was that not the intention?
    129 weeks ago
    Antistrophe said: Clever idea. Attractive and it makes a lot of sense.

One critique- the upside down guy doesn't look like he's walking on the stairs. Shouldn't part of his legs be covered since he's walking on the underside? Or was that not the intention?

It's an optical illusion. Try covering up the guy that is rightside up and see if it changes your perspective. Or you can kinda turn your head and that might help. Either way yes the way he his positioned is intentional :).
    128 weeks ago
    Ohhkay I see it. I had to cover the other guy and do a quarter turn of my head but I can see it now.
    128 weeks ago
    Love the slogan at the bottom.
    128 weeks ago
    I've avoided reading this thread just in case there were any spoilers. Got the DVD of Inception, just not gotten around to watching it yet.

I very much like optical illusions and the work of Esher. So looking at this design makes me happy :)

There is the smallest detail catching my eye on this design. Something that you could fix if selected. It's the Kerning on Ariadne. It's a tricky thing to get right and a criticism that was raised on my last design here. It's something I'll be looking at when I revisit my design.

The Kerning Game http://type.method.ac/ really helped me improve my skills for future designs.

The font you have chosen suits the design well, but it's a heck of a font to kern in certain letter combos because of those little side tails. It might just need the 'riadne' of 'Ariadne' moving left until the side tail of the R touches the A. Or maybe not. As you'll discover, kerning can prove puzzling at times. :)
    128 weeks ago
    Yeah kerning is a real bizzlesnatch. I think I may just stretch out the "riadne" part so it's closer to the ampersand. Also should probably space the "c" and the "i" in associates. Thanks for the advice Chuffy. I'm really hoping it's got a shot because there is an extreme lack of Inception designs despite demand for it in the suggestions forum! Even if they don't choose mine we really need an Inception tee!

V Sign the petition below if you agree V
    126 weeks ago
    Good News! This design has been accepted! Bad News, it wasn't by teefury :(. I really really really wanted teefury to print this but alas it is not to be. Anyways it will be for sale early December. Follow me on twitter @beware1984 for details as the day gets closer.