Back to forum
rss 285 weeks ago
Ok so imagine if you will that maybe, just maybe I have curated a Valentines themed design. Would you:

A) Like it to print on the 7th - so you can wear it on the day

or

B) Print it on the 14th to celebrate the day?

or

C) Don't give a sh*t either way?

U decide

wotto
16Comments
    285 weeks ago
    the 7th so i can get it for my gf in time awesome!
    285 weeks ago
    D) abolish the holiday all together!
    285 weeks ago
    Wotto, I'm not sure either matters. The last time I bought a Tee Fury T (Midnight Visitor), I bought it on 1/14/09, paid for the "upgraded" shipping, and had it delivered on 1/24/09. That's 10 days for the "faster" shipping.

Even if I bought it on the 7th, there's no way to get it by Valentines Day.

(sorry to be such a downer). But the earlier the better. It's better to be able to wear it on the holiday, rather than buying it on the holiday.

285 weeks ago
    On the 7th, though I know it won't get here by the 14th.
    285 weeks ago
    have to agree that it wouldnt matter, cause unless it was tomorrow's design, it probably wouldnt get here in time for v-day.
    285 weeks ago
    smartpost (best oxymoron evar) takes a week and thats for people in the same state dude. im a 4 hour drive away from teefury and my shirts take over a week. they could THROW the shirt to snarky and it takes almost a week to ship.
    if you want people to not stress, post the design in the next couple days.

oh and put me on the list for dont give a smurf lol.
    285 weeks ago
    I live in IL and it's at least 2 weeks between when I order and when I receive the shirt.
    285 weeks ago
    C :P huhu
    Pick something that is more love oriented than valentines day oriented and you'll be able to sell it the 14th :).
    285 weeks ago
    I have to agree with the others who commented on how 7 days may not be enough time to ship the shirts. Nevertheless, I would choose A) and have it printed before.
    285 weeks ago
    Gonna have to go with something closer to tomorrow. But IDC about Valentine's Day shirts anyways... no offense to whoever you curated!

285 weeks ago
    c
    285 weeks ago
    I don't give a sh*t either way but then again...I think (A) seems like a better choice.
    285 weeks ago
    I also doubt I would get it by the 14th if I order it on the 7th. However, if I like the design, I'll buy it and wear it whenever, tyvm. :)
    285 weeks ago
    put it up on the 14th, if it's a good design you should be able to wear it year 'round. then also, you won't have people upset, if it doesn't make it in time.
    284 weeks ago
    While I highly doubt my voice means much of anything the day before the hypothetical curating of this hypothetical design, I have to vote for the 14th. Much better to commemorate the holiday as close to the holiday as possible. If Jimi had the 14th, I'd say go for the 12th or 13th, but since I think you'd have both as your own curator days, it just seems to make more sense to go for the day of, especially since the shirt won't get to just about anyone by the 14th at this point.

I also think it's a question of how holiday the shirt is. I default to woot on this one... often they'll put a holiday specific shirt a week prior, and then a more year-long wearable one on the day itself. Being a shirt-a-day site, to me it seems to make the most sense to celebrate holidays on the holiday itself. It might make it harder to sell a very specific shirt (Santa on Christmas, Cupid on V-day, etc), but if you can get something more peripheral that can be worn for entire seasons if not entire years, they'd not only sell whatever day you put them up, but they'd probably sell better in general than a more holiday-specific piece.
    284 weeks ago
    and in the future, always offer holiday shirts 2 weeks in advance and there will be no problems lol.