Back to forum
rss 130 weeks ago
This is my next W.I.P. combining the Gotham City Sirens (Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy, and Catwoman) with the heroes of townsville, the Powerpuff Girls! Let me know what you think so far, still in the very rough stages

Photobucket
18Comments
    130 weeks ago
    Very cute, kind of like this though. If you do something with this you should make it as action-packed as you can. Plus you can steal the actual PPG font to mess with it (I forget what it's called--"Powerpuff", I think, but it's out there somewhere).
    130 weeks ago
    I actually agree, maybe i'll redraw it to make it more actiony, i think it actually does look kinda boring.

In regards to the other image, it is the same idea but that looks like an MS paint made image, and i honestly had seen it before but after i had drawn my first rough draft.
    130 weeks ago
    I love that you used Catwoman's older costume design! It has the most character of her costumes, methinks. I agree, the poses need to be more action-packed. Cool idea though!
    130 weeks ago
    HELL YES! I love the idea.
    130 weeks ago
    haha thanks guys! I'll try to develop it more
    130 weeks ago
    If it were me I'd put my time into a new design after seeing that it's been done before (albeit pretty poorly I agree). You just dont need the kind of flak you're going to get from everyone. But hey that's just me I'm sure you can improve/change it enough.
    130 weeks ago
    Yeah i'm going to completely re-do it. Thanks though
    130 weeks ago
    love the concept. can't wait to see a more polished version
    130 weeks ago
    I would keep the font and style of the design the same, but change "girls" to "sirens" since that is what they are typically known as.
    130 weeks ago
    Hdawger said: I would keep the font and style of the design the same, but change "girls" to "sirens" since that is what they are typically known as.

I was just trying to be cautious of a DC owned property name but i think i will make it sirens anyway
    130 weeks ago
    sirens should be fine, legally. I'm sure you know that DC is a bit risky, but I'm almost positive sirens would be fine. Plus, you've stayed away from Superman and that's the main concern at the moment. Also, if you were to submit it and the powers that be loved it and there was something potentially risky, legally, I suspect they'd just ask you to change it.

x
    129 weeks ago
    I cannot see either of the images here, but is this basically a DC version of the Powerpuff X-Men design that was JUST sold on another site like a week ago?

i.e. the same idea of powerpuff girls dressed like other comic characters?
    129 weeks ago
    it's similar. But that wasn't where i got the idea. It is really similar though :/
    129 weeks ago
    I think it will come out really nice if you keep at it! I would love to see a picture up on here once you get it colored.
    129 weeks ago
    I know that the other version was low-quality but I find others to accept how you treated it, particularly when it executed the concept slightly better by having dynamic poses.
    129 weeks ago
    Walrus said: I know that the other version was low-quality but I find others to accept how you treated it, particularly when it executed the concept slightly better by having dynamic poses.

The other image is crudely done in MSs paint and the dynamic poses are literally ripped from another powerpuff girls image. They just edited a pre-existing picture of the powerpuffs. They didnt draw it themselves. I would not say that it's better imo. But as i've said i am going to eventually re-draw this one so they aren't just standing
    129 weeks ago
    Yea, don't worry about thinking your not original as that other MS Paint drawing was a joke. If they thought they had any legal ground at all by you doing a similar design I would laugh in their face.
    129 weeks ago
    , that's exactly what I think I was trying to talk about; even though you admit to flaws in your own design you still actively "attack"-not the best word, I know- the other design despite it not presenting competition. May ot be relevant to your design but it would probably serve you well to present a different attitude if you're looking to be a designer. My point about dynamacy still stands true though, as that what it is-dynamic- regardless of source.