Back to forum
rss 131 weeks ago
A spin on one of my favorite SP quotes... not sure if other people will find the execution as amusing as I do, so tell me if you think it isn't funny :P.

I'm also not entirely settled on the wording... was thinking maybe it needs an "I will" before "punch your life in the face". And maybe I'll change the top back to "psychiatric help" or something like that so it's closer to the original source... Thanks for any comments !
11Comments
    131 weeks ago
    I don't think the design needs the sex bob-omb symbol on the tin, i don't think it really matches with the rest of the image.
    besides that I love it.
    131 weeks ago
    I don't think the design needs the sex bob-omb symbol on the tin, i don't think it really matches with the rest of the image.
    besides that I love it.
    131 weeks ago
    Pretty decent, but yeah, the wording needs some work. Could just be the $.05 on top and then "Punch your Life in the Face" below...might make it appear a little better, maybe flow together better.

Either way, more SP is never a bad idea, I like where this is going.
    131 weeks ago
    I definitely love where this is going but I agree that the wording needs work.
    131 weeks ago
    "$0.05 for a punch to your life in the face" maybe this wording? I'm not good with wording myself either.

I like the idea and definitely love love the art and colors!
    131 weeks ago
    I think the wording is fine as is. The whole point of the joke IS the separation.

ok so she's selling punch...haha no wait she's selling punches to your life's face! brilliant.

I dig the style too bravo. agree about the sex bob omb cup thing. not necessary. You could throw the logo on her shirt to make sure everyone knows it's kim if you really want to keep it.
    131 weeks ago
    This made me laugh.
    The wording seems off, but I can't think of a better way to phrase it. So keep it as is. If you look at anything too long it can seem off.
    Either way the more Scott Pilgrim the better.
    131 weeks ago
    5 cent Punch

for the face of your life

or

if your life has a face, this is for you.

maybe?
    131 weeks ago
    beware1984 said: I think the wording is fine as is. The whole point of the joke IS the separation.

ok so she's selling punch...haha no wait she's selling punches to your life's face! brilliant.

I dig the style too bravo. agree about the sex bob omb cup thing. not necessary. You could throw the logo on her shirt to make sure everyone knows it's kim if you really want to keep it.

THIS!
    130 weeks ago
    Thanks for all the feedback, guys! Took out the logo as walrus and others suggested. I also made a 4 color version and cleaned it up (hopefully not too much). As for the wording... thanks to everyone who helped me brainstorm. I tried out ideas similar to Malion's, but I think beware1984 summed up why I should keep it the same well.

punchyourlifeintheface-V2-rasabi.jpg

punchyourlifeintheface-V2-black-rasabi.jpg

Feels pretty close... I'm liking the 4 color the best, but I'd love to hear which version people like better.
    130 weeks ago
    The 4 color version looks awesome! And you cleaned it up well. It's more defined but still looks handdrawn. Great job!