Back to forum
rss 144 weeks ago
Hey everyone,

I just discovered this great site last night and already have a few ideas for things I'd like to submit but I have a few questions regarding rules for submissions

I have some ideas involving Disney and/or Warner Brothers licensed characters. Since I obviously don't own the rights to these characters, how do I work with these legalities? I have seen tons of licensed character reference so I assume that there is some way around it.

My other question is in regard to the limiting of colors. When the submissions guidelines say that I must use 6 colors or less, does it mean primary and secondary color categories like Reds, Greens, Blues, or do differences is blues such as Cereulean and Cobalt matter? Thanks for your time in answering my questions.
1Comments
    144 weeks ago
    First off welcome!

Second- As long as your characters are filled with parody(you can look at my portfolio because it is full of parody) you will be protected by the parody alone. Plus we don't even put a dent in sales for some of these major corporations. Marvel and DC haven't knocked down my door yet. Frankly I'm not worried.

Lastly- Use any 6 colors you want. Also if you are good with halftoning you can create a rather large amount of colors.