Back to forum
rss 132 weeks ago
Should I be putting the 6 color swatches in with the design?
5Comments
    132 weeks ago
    Nope. When they ask for final art you send a 6 layer AI or Photoshop file (Could send a PNG but why when you can let them edit your colors to match better). Each layer should contain a screen of one color. I can explain better if needed.
    132 weeks ago
    I was talking more about the initial submission.

I did send in a high res PNG file instead of a 6 layer AI or Photoshop. I should probably send in a 6 layer Photoshop file huh?
    132 weeks ago
    Oh sorry thought that's what you meant... And no need for color chips on either submit or final high res submit. All I ever do is make a jpg that's 8.5x11 and just fill my art to fit the entire art board and crop where needed. I don't even display the art on a shirt. I want them to see as much detail as possible. They have a good eye for what works on a shirt and what doesn't.

and yes... I would submit all final high res files in the program you used. Whether it be PSD or AI. Make it 6 layers and label each layer- example: Layer 1 - Black Ink, Layer 2 - Red Ink and so on. Don't give a pantone or anything. They can color correct on their end if needed. Also they can move the design around to fit the tee nicely.

Hope this helps :)
    132 weeks ago
    Thanks. It helps alot.

Argh..Im gonna have to resubmit my high res on the Doctor Who shirt. My original Photoshop file is a mess too.
    132 weeks ago
    LOL I know if you want it to look good it has to be separated in layers... Oh and take your time. No one around here speaks much about the selection process so I will.... you will be waiting at least a month to see it up for sale but you have a lot of time organize the mess you have made. So you can keep submitting and resubmitting the final artwork until your happy. I have now submitted my side banner art 5 times and my final high res art twice. My side banner art will be re-submitted again this weekend when I add a new design I just finished. A lot happens in a month. A LOT. So plan, network and prepare all of your files to their max potential.

I went ahead and had my final high res art printed by redbubble last week. It looks amazing and I'm wearing the t-shirt to Comic Con to promote it's future release here. I'm also handing out 1000s of flyers with information about TeeFury and my artwork to be featured.(Your Welcome TeeFury hehe) You should think of ways to get people fired up on your art and your comic strip. Your very talented so it won't be hard to get people to notice.