Back to forum
rss 144 weeks ago
So I tried simplifying Spongebob until it was barely recognizable. Needless to say, I got pretty far. Let me know what you think!

9Comments
    144 weeks ago
    I think it's way too unrecognizable. I would never in a million years have gotten that was what it was unless you told me.
    144 weeks ago
    needs green on the pineapple
    144 weeks ago
    @wrongheaven: Any suggestions on what would make it more recognizable?

@Malion: 6 color limit :(
    144 weeks ago
    I'd suggest the characters rather than their homes.
    144 weeks ago
    (kind of just made an account for the purpose of commenting on this...)

I FREAKING LOVE THIS!

I love everything about your concept and I would actually suggest keeping the houses, but make the characters a bit more unique. I think Patrick should maintain his star shape and Squidward's shape needs to be more elongated, flipped upside down, or just another shape entirely, maybe a narrow isosceles trapezoid with the shorter base on the bottom...?

Personally, I think the unrecognizable factor makes it obscure, but in the best possible way because you have to really think about it, and even if people don't catch it, the design will still look really cool.

Yeah... That was pretty long...
    144 weeks ago
    I think Patrick should be the triangle and squidward the circle. Just my two cents, I think this is a great design.
    144 weeks ago
    One way to get around the 6-color maximum would be to make the doors to each house the same color. That knocks down your color count to 4. Now you can add the green on the top of Spongebob's pineapple (color count now=5). You now have 1 color to work with to add the face on Squidward's tiki.

And I'm a little embarrassed to know how much I know about Spongebob Squarepants!

BTW, this gets accepted and my niece would KILL to get her hands on one. SBSQ is her favorite show of all time. And she's nearly 30 now.
    144 weeks ago
    if you can't add green, at least make the top part the same colour, as to be in some way visible.... I'd also suggest making Patrick a Triangle, Squidward an oval, and Spongebob a Rectangle
    144 weeks ago
    i thought Patrick has some kind of antenna or something on top of his rock/house