Back to forum
rss 146 weeks ago
First draft of yet another doctor who shirt. input appreciated before i spend hours fixing lines.

20Comments
    146 weeks ago
    It looks cool, but the legs are too spread apart and too short
    146 weeks ago
    I think it'd be a lot cool if you actually used galifrayen for it. The doctor's name in galifrayen is about the width that you need here and I know a lot of people would 'geek out' more and it would stay fairly close to your current design. If you wanna see it check here: http://www.google.com/imgres?q=old+high+gallifreyan+doctor%27s+name&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&rlz=1C1CHKZ_enUS439US439&biw=1262&bih=789&tbm=isch&tbnid=v8pFpxmWpZ1HZM:&imgrefurl=http://get-in-my-tardis.tumblr.com/post/6211557688/the-doctors-name-submitted-by-nicolaalice&docid=og1NLjHt0QkOxM&w=500&h=177&ei=wFyLTtzOGKi2sQLrq62nBA&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=437&page=2&tbnh=61&tbnw=171&start=24&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:4,s:24&tx=33&ty=32
    146 weeks ago
    Okay for some reason my original comment looks like it got cut off... but I was saying that it would look cooler with old high gallifrayen rather than random circles... then everything else I said.
    146 weeks ago
    perfect! i was looking for that
    146 weeks ago
    MrKroli said: perfect! i was looking for that
    Good :) Haha I just found a bunch online, I'm actually getting a tattoo with it so I had the link handy. I would LOVE to see some of that incorporated, you should post it when you revise!
    145 weeks ago
    reez.png
    145 weeks ago
    LOVE the new design!
    145 weeks ago
    What if it had the Seal of Rassilon somewhere? It would be a nice touch, I think.
    145 weeks ago
    looks cool so far, but I hate the guitar shape with passion (seriously, who plays anything that's not a LesPaul or at least ends with -caster?! okay, a Jag maybe, or a Mustang .. but what is that?). don't worry, that's just me ...I just can't stand pretentious guitar shapes

BUT on a serious note ... could use a guitar strap, I guess

also: legs are fine, classical Townshend windwill pose (and yes, he usually plays a Strat or a LesPaul) ... wait, you're working the The Who / Dr. Who angle here, right?
    145 weeks ago
    Well many guitarists play Ibanez, LTD, PRS, and Dean (like that one) I figured fezzes and bow-ties are cool and who's cooler than Dimebag Darrel? A Les Paul would match but I thought it might blend too well being all round and stuff.
    145 weeks ago
    yeah. you might be right about the LesPaul, good thinking.
    but what about the rock/punk classic, the Stratocaster?

that's like ... the medium step between LesPaul & frikkin' crazy sharp-edged death guitar thing?

just my 2 cents, nothing to worry about. I bet most people wouldn't mind the guitar shape as it is
    145 weeks ago
    i'll give it a go. thanks for the input!
    145 weeks ago
    MrKroli said: reez.png

ADORE the remake :) definitely an instabuy now.
    145 weeks ago
    I am smitten. If you want to get picky, two things could make this awesomer

1. I agree that the guitar shape is just kind of... eh. I'm not super knowledgable about guitars, and I dont know why it bothers me, but it does.

2. His body shape looks a little off - like he needs more of a neck, and the arm pit doesn't exist.

Also, I am missing the reference to why everything seems to be dripping??

Very nitpicky stuff, but if you're looking for feedback, there ya go. LOVE LOVE LOVE the new design, what a great idea!
    145 weeks ago
    New pose and hid the face to give it more of a "who?" factor.

unledive.png
    145 weeks ago
    I love the design! Just a few nitpicks though- the Gallifrayen writing on the bottom has gray in it, and it just seems off since everything else is just black and white (excluding the bow tie and fez, of course).
    Then another issue I have is that the top half of his body is shaded super nicely and realistically while the shading on the bottom looks like it's in a different style. So I suggest simplifying the top half or putting more detail on the legs.
    But aside from those small things I love this and would buy it in a heartbeat :)
    145 weeks ago
    I have to say, I'm digging this, and I am FAR from a fan of Eleven.

I like the change in guitar though I'm either way on the pose change. It sort of hides the fez, which is iconic for this Doctor.
    Just random thoughts. Still an amazing design, that I will probably be picking up for Who friends....maybe even one for me to deny owning.
    145 weeks ago
    if you go in more detail with the body, you may wanna think about taking down contrast in the background, like having these circles in darker grey instead of black

it's turning into pure optical chaos otherwise

also, one thing: the drops are too big. try to shape the melting black more realistically, use a reference. this looks somewhat crummy and would be a dealbreaker for me as a customer
    145 weeks ago
    I think the new profile is much more realistic, however fez and bowtie are not as prominent. What if you solve the shading issue by doing the same concept as the first and just having the silhouette? Then you could pull the face from behind the guitar again and feature boxtie and fez.

Thank you for next guitar shape :D Looking good!!
    145 weeks ago
    This is hands down the best design I've yet seen on this site. Please post a store link once official.