Back to forum
rss 132 weeks ago
One of the perks of the grab bag, is the savings - $6 vs. $10 - but in this last round of trades, for me, the savings have basically been eliminated after paying nearly $3 to ship from the post office.

Does anyone have advice on the most cost-effective way to ship your trades?
USPS?
Fed-ex?
UPS?
What type of packaging to use?
4Comments
    132 weeks ago
    USPS. If you use a box/bag you already have chances are you'll pay more. Ready Post utility mailer is $1.19 at the post office then you'll pay a bit more than $3 for shipping depending on where it's going. If you're sending things to people you don't know you should use delivery confirmation ($0.70), too. If you're so worried about costs try selling one on ebay for more than it's worth. Also, the point of the grab bag is for teefury to get rid of old shirts they made too many of. When you buy grab bag tees you have to expect to get shirts you may not want so you have to write off the losses of donating or trading.
    132 weeks ago
    Yeah, $3-$4 to ship a shirt via USPS (with delivery confirmation so both parties know when the shirt was delivered) is pretty much as cheap as you're going to get as a private/non-bulk customer. I buy bubble mailers in multi-packs and keep them on hand for tee trades and sales -- Wal-Mart has them for around 75 cents each in 5-packs.

Seconding the comment above mine that you take your chances with the grab bag. If you want the shirt badly enough, then a grab bag trade makes your "cost" around what the cost would have been had you bought the shirt "new," so what's the issue?
    132 weeks ago
    Oh, and buying the postage online from USPS or through Paypal will save you some money too. USPS discounts certain services when you purchase the postage online. You can print the labels onto paper and tape them onto the mailer, or buy some Paypal-ready sticker labels if you mail a lot of things.
    132 weeks ago
    You wanna feel ripped off re: shipping costs? Try shipping internationally from Australia. :P

The grab bags are like any lottery - you're bound to lose more than you win.