Back to forum
rss 146 weeks ago
Hi everyone, I'm just starting to try out designing T-shirts, and this is what I came up with. I'd appreciate any feedback you might have! (I know the background won't work for a t-shirt - I'm curious to know people's opinions on the artwork. Thanks!)

Photobucket
9Comments
    146 weeks ago
    Absolutely Love the shiny new australia but im not sure about the quote..... but idk what quote is right =)
    146 weeks ago
    Yeah both quotes are from two different songs. On the Rise (beginning of Act 2) and Brand New Day (ending of Act 2).

I'd choose another quote or just ditch it altogether and find something else to add.

"And Penny will see the evil me, not a joke, not a dork, not a failure. And she may cry but her tears will dry when I hand her to the keys to a shiny new Australia."

Favorite line in the movie, show, thing whatever it is. TV Internet Movie? Idk man I JUST DON'T KNOW. Anyway glad to see it being used as a shirt concept. With a few tweaks, I'd wear it!
    146 weeks ago
    One problem I have is that there is no "that" in the line quoted. It's just "It's plain to see - the evil inside of me is on the rise." But, as someone else mentioned, that's not even from the same song.

I also am not a fan of this type of imaging - it never looks quite polished, and I wouldn't wear it.

The idea has promise, but in my opinion, needs a lot of tinkering.
    146 weeks ago
    Honestly, if you got rid of the quote or changed it to something from that song, I'd buy that shirt and wear it all the time. I love Dr. Horrible and I like this design. :D
    146 weeks ago
    Thank you for the feedback - I'll work on it some more and see what I come up with!
    146 weeks ago
    Also, you have to look at the amount of colours that are on there, you're only allowed 6. The shadows that you have behind the type and image, they count as gradients and as such qualify as different colours too.
    146 weeks ago
    How about this version?

Photobucket
    146 weeks ago
    Love the idea, liked the new version without the quote better, only thing I am not sure about: His torso ending in a straight line, maybe if you tried fitting it inside the contour? And instead of a straight cropping it could be cropped like the south of Australia. Or something, again, awesome idea, would buy it.
    146 weeks ago
    ^^^ Thank you all for your input. This has been very helpful. I'll see what else what I can do and hopefully we'll see this on a shirt soon.