Back to forum
rss 146 weeks ago
A friend I work with, Mike Giacopetti, had ideas for a couple t-shirt designs. Mike is a good designer, and we have the same taste in teevee shows. He talked to me about collaborating on a “Sons of Anarchy” tribute shirt and a “Breaking Bad” themed shirt. I was eager to work with him, given the ideas.

Mike came up with the concepts for both. He also designed the logo for the Chicken Brothers shirt. I did the illustration work using ink, Bristol, and tracing paper. I then scanned everything in and laid it out on the computer. All I had to do then was design a background (reminiscent of busted glass) and drop in the logo Mike designed:

Photobucket

As far as the S.O.A. fan art design, Mike did everything except the crow skeleton illustration. He designed a parody whiskey label reminiscent of the “Old Crow” bourbon label. I did my ink illustration. Then all I had to do was scan it and drop it into place using Photoshop:

Photobucket

I submitted early in the week. Any and all feedback greatly appreciated.
19Comments
    146 weeks ago
    Here is the Old Crow label, by the way if anyone wasn't familliar:

OldCrow.jpg

145 weeks ago
    That breaking bad shirt is sooooo awesome! needs to be made immediately!!!!
    145 weeks ago
    Thanks. It was submitted and approved. We just don't have a date yet. But stay tuned. I'm sure it'll be up soon enough. Thanks!
    145 weeks ago
    What about the SOA one?
    145 weeks ago
    That one won't be up here, but I am told they have some really good S.O.A. designs in the pipeline to be released.
    145 weeks ago
    You just made my day..Can't wait!! it's such a perfect color too
    Thanks for the update
    144 weeks ago
    Oh- I curtsey to both of you! MY Two Favorite Shows- PLEASE , PLEASE PLEASE-in TIME FOR CHRISTMAS (YULE) Hanukkah... Can you also mr kilpatrick make the Heisenberg Sugar Skull and "The Proximas Uested- Los Dios Las Muertes I am probably older than your usual fan-but I am also a professional artist(doesn't that mean-you can live and support your kids,etc. on it?) I WILL BUY ALL OF 'EM!!! Fishtown &SOUTH PHILLY RULES- Zipperhead PUNKKKKKKKKKKKKK
    144 weeks ago
    Oh- I curtsey to both of you! MY Two Favorite Shows- PLEASE , PLEASE PLEASE-in TIME FOR CHRISTMAS (YULE) Hanukkah... Can you also mr kilpatrick make the Heisenberg Sugar Skull and "The Proximas Uested- Los Dios Las Muertes I am probably older than your usual fan-but I am also a professional artist(doesn't that mean-you can live and support your kids,etc. on it?) I WILL BUY ALL OF 'EM!!! Fishtown &SOUTH PHILLY RULES- Zipperhead PUNKKKKKKKKKKKKK
    144 weeks ago
    I'll be buying the Breaking Bad shirt for sure. The SOA one looks a bit odd to me as it appears the text from "Charming..." down isn't dead centre on the label.
    144 weeks ago
    Thanks. Support is much appreciated. The SOA shirt won't be made by Teefury, so no one will be buying that here. Thanks for the constructive criticism though. I will take a look at the file. I think the crow might be off center and throwing everything else off. Thanks again.
    144 weeks ago
    @GypiseAnnie - thanks for shoutouts to Philly. I miss Zipperhead.
    144 weeks ago
    THANK YOU!! LOVE YOUR STUFF LOOKS AWESOME ON BALD CHICKS!!! AND EX PUNK ROCK GRRLZZZ !!! HEISENBERG SUGAR SKULL!!! & Los Dias de le Muertos -Praximas Uested- Por FAVOR???(SPENGLISH ~n) ??
    144 weeks ago
    This looks really cool! Never seen Breaking Bad though
    144 weeks ago
    GypsyAnnie said: THANK YOU!! LOVE YOUR STUFF LOOKS AWESOME ON BALD CHICKS!!! AND EX PUNK ROCK GRRLZZZ !!! HEISENBERG SUGAR SKULL!!! & Los Dias de le Muertos -Praximas Uested- Por FAVOR???(SPENGLISH ~n) ??

The Proximidad De Usted was done for a Dia De Los Muertos a couple years back. WIth all the colors mixed, it couldn't be a t-shirt. The heisenberg I am still not sure what'll become of that. Thanks again.
    131 weeks ago
    Too bad the designs you have here didn't come to fruition. The new BB one is a bit of a let down with the LPH, and I haven't seen the samcro one. Based on the above designs, both would have been an instabuy for me.
    131 weeks ago
    Well, Sketch, I definitely appreciate the feedback. I can tell you that Mike Giacopetti has the Old Samcrow shirt up on his Red Bubble for folks who are interested: http://www.redbubble.com/people/mgiaco

Thanks again.
    130 weeks ago
    So will the above Breaking Bad shirt never going to happen?

The current one is alright, I'll only buy it if the above one is not going to be made
    130 weeks ago
    I'm pretty sure the blue Pollos shirt will be available on Mike's Red Bubble in the future. Thanks.
    130 weeks ago
    Actually, it is available. My bad:

http://www.redbubble.com/people/mgiaco/works/8364062-the-chicken-brothers