Back to forum
rss 133 weeks ago
Any Walking Deadheads out there? I dig the show and the Season 2 premiere is right around the corner. So stoked!

I just submitted this today, and I'm hoping for some feedback from my fellow forum dwellers. It's my first time doing a blank face style design. Feels weird.

19Comments
    133 weeks ago
    Looks awesome! But why are they called the geek squad? Is this something from the show?
    133 weeks ago
    Yeah, the slang term for zombies in the show is "geeks". I guess I should have mentioned that :D
    133 weeks ago
    Ohhh, really like the Geek Squad emblem :)
    Not loving the characters above it though. I just generally dislike having drawings of characters on shirts lie this though, so it's probably just me.
    Either way it's still an awesome design :D
    133 weeks ago
    I actually really like this one. Not sure if I know who the character to the far right is though.... ?

Would be an instant buy though. For sure.
    133 weeks ago
    Love love love The Walking Dead! This shirt is awesome, I love it on the military green. Makes me wanna go geek hunting!

I really hope this gets printed - totally an instabuy for me.

Good luck!
    133 weeks ago
    not bad, my only issue is that they are faceless...
    133 weeks ago
    *bump*
    133 weeks ago
    I love the concept but I think it would be better off as just the geek squad logo. It is also something you have to be really careful around as you're using the actual name of a company in your design even if it may be for a different purpose. Idk how well that would pass legally.
    133 weeks ago
    Yeah the facelessness kind of bugs me. Maybe do them from BEHIND?
    133 weeks ago
    I really like this design! Even though they are faceless I think it brings a creative element to the shirt.. Def. and instabuy. PLEASE PRINT !! well done!
    133 weeks ago
    drwyrick said: I actually really like this one. Not sure if I know who the character to the far right is though.... ?

Would be an instant buy though. For sure.

Thanks! The character on the right is Andrea, Amy's big sister.
    133 weeks ago
    *bump*
    133 weeks ago
    kayoneal said: I really like this design! Even though they are faceless I think it brings a creative element to the shirt.. Def. and instabuy. PLEASE PRINT !! well done!

Hey thanks for the feedback. I am definitely crossing my fingers!
    133 weeks ago
    Yeah, focus on the logo more. You can include the characters, probably just as silhouettes with outlines, and make them smaller. You could also change it to "Geek Killing Squad" by throwing "killing" in there small, then you wouldn't have to worry as much about the trademarked logo...coming along nicely though.
    133 weeks ago
    spacemonkeydr said: Yeah, focus on the logo more. You can include the characters, probably just as silhouettes with outlines, and make them smaller. You could also change it to "Geek Killing Squad" by throwing "killing" in there small, then you wouldn't have to worry as much about the trademarked logo...coming along nicely though.

Thanks spacemonkey. The "killing" in the middle is a great idea. I wish I hadn't spent so much time on the characters though! It looks like the logo is the focus, and I will rework it from there. Until next time...
    133 weeks ago
    Faces are needed, way to many designs on here already with out faces. Faces are cool. Add them.
    Other than that, it's preee cool bro.
    130 weeks ago
    Ok here we have an artist who is not confident in their portrait skills . or no? I realise using the likenesses of the actors invites trademark problems , but by use of shadows on their faces you can get away with suggesting their faces by suggesting rather than outright drawing all the features , look at old pictures of Charles Lindbergh , W.C Fields, Marilyn Monroe for a example to inspire you.
    130 weeks ago
    I really like it, but i definitely agree, the faces are definitely necessary. I also might change the color of Shane's pants becasue they blend with the background.

Look to the comic for inspiration too. That could be cool!
    130 weeks ago
    @misterLupin:

x26opd.png

@Darth: Thanks for the feedback. I am going back to the drawing board with this one.