Back to forum
rss 147 weeks ago
Just having a little fun with the four most powerful natural elements known in the universe. Let me know what you think!

Photobucket

-Warbucks Collection -
23Comments
    147 weeks ago
    WANT. WANT. WANT.
    147 weeks ago
    that's pretty wicked! have you submitted it yet?
    147 weeks ago
    I did. Thanks guys. Let's hope they feel the same.
    147 weeks ago
    If anyone has any other feedback, I'd love to here back. Thanks!
    147 weeks ago
    warbucks360 said: I did. Thanks guys. Let's hope they feel the same.

I hope they select it! I would totes buy it. It's supposed to represent the four main parts of nerdom right?
    147 weeks ago
    This is awesome!
    147 weeks ago
    Love it. You could maybe make "THe Four Elements" all one color, it is a tad hard to read, but that's just nitpicking. I'm buying it anyway if it gets printed, and maybe some as gifts!
    147 weeks ago
    Thank you for the feedback!

Jdel - Yes, you basically have the idea I was going for. Trying for an All-Star lineup of all my favorite things (and hopefully others!)

spaceyj - I played around with the top text for a while but I decided that I liked it being separated into each of the four colors. I tried it all one color, and yes, it was easier to read but I felt that it took away from the overall look of the design. So I decided I liked the colored version better. Personally, having people take an extra look at the shirt to read it instead of instant gratification is a bonus sometimes.

Thanks guys!
    147 weeks ago
    Cool style on the photo-real elements. Of the 4 elements precious is the hardest picture to visually understand at first glance. The other 3 are very strong. Maybe find a stronger image for that one.

The only other thing I see is the yellow is a little bothersome and the orange is barely legible. Also since these are the two hardest to read to make it even worse they are the ones you chose to separate the words and stack them. I fear for how the colors will print and since I feel brain dead right now I'm sorry I can't offer any solution to the color problem. Maybe stack the words precious and wizardry in the stronger colors. I'd try that.

Good job all around. I don't see any spacing issues. Just 2 colors need tweaking, one image is hardly detectable (at first glance) and the word stacking should be an easy fix.
    147 weeks ago
    CoD - Thanks. Funny... my wife commented on the ring being difficult to see as well. I'll see if I can find something better to use or perhaps tweak that photo. She also mentioned that the yellow was so bright (are you the same person?). I can tone the yellow down and brighten up the orange so you it'll be more readable. I actually chose to stack those two readings to break up the design and give it a little something different. If I tweak the colors I think it'll solve that problem. Great feedback. Apreciated.
    147 weeks ago
    Haha no problem. Your wife has a great pair of eyes for you to refer to when you need crit! My fiance just says "it looks great" or "I don't get it."

I took a second look and there is no way to not detect Darth Vader and the force. With Time Travel I would gone with the Delorian because you can mistake the police call box as supermans phone booth or Bill and Ted's phone booth. For the image of radcliffe as Potter it's obvious to fans but if you have more of that image to work with try and get his lightning bolt scar in the picture.

Oh my god... You know what I thought the ring was?? A portal for a spaceship to travel through like in cowboy beebop. Oh man if you get rid of what looks like clouds and punch up that elvish writing that's on the ring then it will be very obvious.
    147 weeks ago
    Too funny!

The Delorean would have been a good idea but I didn't think of that. I automatically though of Dr. Who for some reason...

I also thought about addig the scar to Harry. It's on the other side of his head but maybe I could work something out.

Also I don't think that you get a good view of the art so once I tweak some things I'll throw up a better picture so you can see it.

That's hilarious about Cowboy Beebop! Very nice.
    147 weeks ago
    Another great design, you are a gifted artist. I know you will get one printed and I will be ready with credit card in hand to get it. Good job!
    147 weeks ago
    I like having a variety of colors on the actual print, but the only thing that really puts me off is the black--I seem to buy a ton of dark-colored shirts from this place, but I'm pretty sure it's totally just me. Can't really imagine what other color shirt it would go well with.

I would adore this shirt, though--four of some of my absolute favorite fandoms all on one shirt. I'd have to give you money on principle.
    147 weeks ago
    You guys are great. Thanks so much for the support. It means a lot as a designer to put something together that others enjoy as well as I do. Great feedback and appreciated. Both positive and negative. Criticism only helps make things better. Thanks again. Here's hoping to make TeeFury!
    147 weeks ago
    Here's a revised look at the artwork. I'm happy with it and hopefully you'll get a better look at what the final art should look like.

Photobucket

I'm happy with it and I feel it will look tremendous on a black tee. Hope you agree! Thanks.
    147 weeks ago
    I think its very cool. I think you should add the words "of geekdom" otherwise it just looks like your trying to mash up a bunch of popular things for no reason. Also the white text at the bottom is redundant and unnecessary. It doesn't add anything
    147 weeks ago
    beware - I was trying for the four natural elements concept. Basically four of the biggest "things" in the world of geekdom but I think the design expresses that. Also, I chose to repeat the words at the bottom because I wanted the four elements to be very clear as I chose to stack some of the worlds. I actually had a reason for what I did and believe it also worked on the design as well. Thanks for your suggestions, beware. Good to see you.
    147 weeks ago
    Nice the ring looks clearer now, and not like the planet halo!
    147 weeks ago
    Phew, thanks COD. I was sweating that one! lol I'm happier with the overall design.

146 weeks ago
    I think this might have turned out to be one of my have concepts.
    146 weeks ago
    I'd take out "Natural" and just make it "The Four Elements".
    I'll purchase it either way.
    146 weeks ago
    Thanks run. Interesting thought... I was trying to play off of the earth's four natural elements but your advice probably would work just as well. Good stuff.