Back to forum
rss 133 weeks ago
Some know it as Star Blazers, others as Space Battleship Yamato, but no matter the name it was one of the most influential anime shows of all time.

Now the iconic Argo (Yamato) bow and wave motion gun have become the logo of Wave Motion Technologies, a company that is "blazing pathways to a greener future," saving our planet not only from Gamilon radiation bombs, but helping to build power sources that will solve our energy crisis.

With a CEO named Wildstar at the helm what can't we accomplish?

Any Star Blazers fans? Worth a sub? Appreciate comments/crit. Thanks!

7Comments
    133 weeks ago
    I enjoy the '80 vibe this shirt has, sadly I can't say that I can appreciate the reference.

The bottom text stands out quite a bit. A different font that maybe is even a bit smaller. And should technologies be capitalized?
    133 weeks ago
    I LOVED StarBlazers!!!!!! I like your shirt, as it's subtle, but I'm not sure a lot of people would "get it." I hope I'm wrong though! I think you might get a bigger response if you showed more of the Argo so you can see the ship (hopefully sparking some recognition of the show) without the ship being the main focus of the shirt. I'd like your take on looking down the Wave Motion gun! Either way, you'd get my vote.
    133 weeks ago
    You might also want to consider using the fact that Wildstar's the CEO is small print. Cause he is cool and deserves some recognition and love!
    133 weeks ago
    bluesplot said: I LOVED StarBlazers!!!!!! I like your shirt, as it's subtle, but I'm not sure a lot of people would "get it." I hope I'm wrong though! I think you might get a bigger response if you showed more of the Argo so you can see the ship (hopefully sparking some recognition of the show) without the ship being the main focus of the shirt. I'd like your take on looking down the Wave Motion gun! Either way, you'd get my vote.

Thanks. We thought we were the only ones who remembered the show -- actually we're watching a live action "Space Battleship Yamato" movie that premiered last year in Japan that follows the cartoon closely, and has a battlestar galactica vibe (plus the original is now on netflix).
    133 weeks ago
    Must check that out!!! Thanks!
    133 weeks ago
    Caddywompus said: I enjoy the '80 vibe this shirt has, sadly I can't say that I can appreciate the reference.

The bottom text stands out quite a bit. A different font that maybe is even a bit smaller. And should technologies be capitalized?

Thanks!
    133 weeks ago
    I guess this is before most of you were born?