Back to forum
rss 147 weeks ago
Hi. I'm new to (trying to please) TeeFury, and I have a couple of questions:

1) Can I use multiple halftones in the same design?

2) Does a halftone count as a separate color plate - or is the black halftone part of the black plate and so on?

3) Can you guys print a 55 dot frequency halftone? If not, what's the frequencey, Kenneth?

4) What resolution should my designs be? If I want you to see all these crazy halftones, 96 dpi at 640 x 800 ain't gonna get it, right? Can someone just tell me what size AND resolution AND format in the same sentence? Just - what's the most popular? ('Cause frankly RedBubble and Cafe Press both do all the thinking about that for me.)

5) Is there any hope of there being an 'Upload Completed Successfully' screen in the not-so-distant future?

Thanks. I've been losing multiple nights of sleep over these questions and more.

Your Brother in Graphics,

quantum0d0
5Comments
    147 weeks ago
    When you're designing, work at 300dpi and the size you intend it to be printed.

Black halftones do count as black ink. But don't get too hung up on the technical details- we can cross that bridge if/when the design is chosen for print :) We wouldn't discount a design that needed a few adjustments to print well, we'd just contact the artist and request any necessary changes.
    145 weeks ago
    Thanks. Sorry it took so long to reply. Lots of irons in the fire lately. That's a big time helpful reply. It's a relief to not have to worry TOO much that, you know, the halftone frequency was too high or something like that. Now I can sleep! :)
    145 weeks ago
    Thanks. Sorry it took so long to reply. Lots of irons in the fire lately. That's a big time helpful reply. It's a relief to not have to worry TOO much that, you know, the halftone frequency was too high or something like that. Now I can sleep! :)
    145 weeks ago
    smuuuuuurf server!! Aaaagh! :)
    145 weeks ago