Back to forum
rss 133 weeks ago
I've been browsing and admiring TeeFury shirts for awhile now and I've decided that I would finally make my own. After a good amount of work, this is what I came up with.

I'm obviously a "Doctor Who" fan!!
Tell me what you guys think.
16Comments
    133 weeks ago
    For your first time I think its pretty good. looks professional in my opinion dont know if its for me though
    133 weeks ago
    It's a cool design but something about the wings of the angels looks off to me.
    133 weeks ago
    The inner wings of the angels are a bit off. It took me a second to recognize where the heads were because the inner wings kind of look like a dragons head or something.

Other than that great design!

But alas you're competing against a ton of submissions for dr. Who so its gonna be hard to stand out. Good luck
    133 weeks ago
    I love this!
    133 weeks ago
    I love this one! I agree that the curved wing is distracting; I thought it might have been part of another element of the design at first. But I would totally buy it if it was posted!
    133 weeks ago
    I had decided to go for a more "stylized" look to the wings. I will try a more plain look and see what that looks like. Thanks for the comments.
    133 weeks ago
    This is absolutely great.. i know i say this a lot, but if the teefury team pick this design, i will, WILL buy 2.
    133 weeks ago
    noelpenn said: This is absolutely great.. i know i say this a lot, but if the teefury team pick this design, i will, WILL buy 2.

Thanks dude.
    133 weeks ago
    That's a handsome shirt. Nice graphic style. Not too cartoony or cutesy. I hesitate to buy some other Doctor Who shirts because they're too loud but that one I'd probably actually wear.
    133 weeks ago
    not saying this is a bad or lame design,because it's not ... skillful execution, great detail, nice job on the perspective BUT I wonder how many versions of pretty much the same design (or rather varying designs including a phonebox + weeping angels + sonic screwdrivers) does the market really need?

So what I'm saying is: looks great, but has been done (maybe even overdone) before
    133 weeks ago
    I agree that the wings looks like dragon wings. It's hard to capture Doctor Who in a design because there's been so many Doctors, but this sums up all the main elements that run through the series. I like it.
    133 weeks ago
    kgullholmen said: not saying this is a bad or lame design,because it's not ... skillful execution, great detail, nice job on the perspective BUT I wonder how many versions of pretty much the same design (or rather varying designs including a phonebox + weeping angels + sonic screwdrivers) does the market really need?

So what I'm saying is: looks great, but has been done (maybe even overdone) before

Thanks for the compliment on my work.
    I tried making it more of a crest or coat of arms look instead of a weeping angel / tardis / sonic screwdrivers thrown together. Hopefully I am able to beat all the others in quality.
    133 weeks ago
    Antistrophe said: That's a handsome shirt. Nice graphic style. Not too cartoony or cutesy. I hesitate to buy some other Doctor Who shirts because they're too loud but that one I'd probably actually wear.

Thank you so much!
    133 weeks ago
    charmingfan said: I agree that the wings looks like dragon wings. It's hard to capture Doctor Who in a design because there's been so many Doctors, but this sums up all the main elements that run through the series. I like it.

I'm working on an alternate version. I'm just going to tone down the arch of the inner wings. I see where people think it looks "dragonesque." I will post it later today. Thanks for liking it.
    133 weeks ago
    I've revised my design and took out the "dragonesque" arch of the wing.

TLandP_Revision_low_res.jpg
    Let me know what you think.
    133 weeks ago
    This is seriously awesome! FANTASTIC JOB!!!

The only thing I can think of to say is with the wings again :/ at least to me, it looks like the wings in the background don't attach to the angels' back, and the arched wings look like they attach in the middle of the angels' backs. That, and maybe I'm crazy, but it seems like the wings would be very different sizes when stretched out from this position. Like, the background wings go right into feathers after the joint in the wing, whereas the arching wings stretch a bit more before they go into feathers after the same joint. Does this make sense? Haha I feel like I did a very poor job explaining myself XD

But other than that, this is phenominal. I absolutely love the color palette, and the perspective is flawless. I'm not even a huge Doctor Who fan and I love this! :D