Back to forum
rss 134 weeks ago
I've been wanting to do a vendetta design for a while... this is what I came up with. What do you guys think?
45Comments
    134 weeks ago
    i think i need to work the typeface a little more...
    134 weeks ago
    Dude I love it as is. Maybe if you submit it soon they'll sell it on November 5th ;p
    134 weeks ago
    looks amazomng BUT I think the mask lower lips is somewhat off. it looks to big or something probably the lower line is too pronounced.

I have the book in front of me now and I'd say the lower lip's outline should not be continuous. Lloyd drew it like this

Photobucket
    because otherswise (from one side of the mouth to the other) it looks too ... dunno ... stretched or just weird.

also, as you can see ... the mask's eyes are a bit too wide open

but hells - technically this is an awesome design. wow!

134 weeks ago
    Honestly I say don't change a thing. It looks great to me.
    134 weeks ago
    WOW! Don't change a thing, just submit it immediately.
    134 weeks ago
    Thanks guys! The reasoning behind the face structure is simply my own style, I like to exaggerate things a bit, originally I was going for a tattoo style, but it formed into something completely different... I still think the typography needs a little more work...
    134 weeks ago
    Maybe it's just me but it looks like the nose is pointing in a different direction than his face.

As far as the style of the mask, I didn't have a problem identifying it, nothing looks so off that it doesn't look like V. Not sure if die hard V fans would have a problem with it or not.

What are you thinking needs more work on the typography? Different font? The first R looks great, you could could repeat some of that scroll work in the e's or the last r.
    134 weeks ago
    @caddywompus now that you pointed that out on the nose, thats all I see! Ill fix that asap....
    134 weeks ago
    I read in another post that you work in CorelDRAW quite a bit. I really love the cross hatch toning effect you've used here. I've been using corel since version 2 was released and I've never seen that effect. Can you offer any pointers?
    134 weeks ago
    Love it! However, I miss his hat really. Maybe you should work it in somehow?
    134 weeks ago
    here is my updated design... i changed the direction of the cross hatching on his nose so it looks like its going the right direction... i hope!

remember2.jpg
    134 weeks ago
    @buzzart... all the cross hatching was an experiment... if your familiar with corel, then you might know about the intersect tool, I made all the shapes in the shaded areas, and I intersected those with a star shape i warped with the envelope tool... i was pretty stoked on how it turned out... especially the roses!
    133 weeks ago
    If they do make this it would be an instant buy!!!! Great work
    133 weeks ago
    Insta-buy material you have here bud :D Sweet job, very clean. I would absolutely get it.
    133 weeks ago
    good job!
    133 weeks ago
    The nose looks much better. At first I didn't like how much bolder the quality of the updated versions appears but it pops some much better than the original. Did you darken the shadows in the face or is that because of the difference in scale?
    133 weeks ago
    I like this a lot; there are just a few things about it that don't work for me.
    I think the eyebrows look a bit angry. I also agree with kgullholmen that the eyes and lip should look more like the comic, but as you said, it's your own style. The shading on the nose is a definite improvement.
    With regard to the type: The actual font and colour are great, but the positioning bugs me for two reasons: 1. The top overlaps the mask while the bottom is below it, and 2. the top is very close to the mask while the bottom seems really far away. I feel like they should be about the same distance on each side.
    The dagger on the left is also a bit off (the handle is higher and I can't see the blade at all), so I guess my biggest suggestions would just be to work on symmetry and spacing.

Overall, I really think this is a cool design. The intricate detail in the circle is impressive, and the spray paint/blood is also a nice touch. I almost didn't notice the V in the background. It's a good composition and I know a couple people who would be thrilled to own it.
    131 weeks ago
    I'd seriously consider buying this as a shirt , but must be on the black color shirt . Design wise I'd say you nailed both the spirit and flavor of the V for Vendetta film and graphic novels. The type face font is perfect .

131 weeks ago
    If it weren't for the knives I'd TOTES buy this!!! (I just don't like wearing weapons on my shirts :c ) Seriously though, just submit it, if they accept it you can tweak stuff later, but get this baby in so it can be printed November 5th!!!

131 weeks ago
    Tell me you submitted this already!
    130 weeks ago
    If this isn't sold on November 5th I'll stab someone in the face! Not anyone here...just a random person. and not with anything sharp...but still.

AMAZING DESIGN! Get it out for Guy Fawkes day already!
    130 weeks ago
    All I can say is when this goes up I ill be a proud owner. Love V and I love this shirt. Please submit it and hopefully it will go soon and I can wear it on Nov. 5
    130 weeks ago
    Insta-buy and then time travel and then insta-buy again!
    130 weeks ago
    Thanks Guys! I submitted it... but alas I don't' think it has been chosen:(... I suppose I could put it up on my redbubble...
    130 weeks ago
    I read around the forums that it's taking even longer for stuff to get picked, maybe that's why? Cause if this doesn't get picked... ughhhhhh >:(
  • Load More Comments