Back to forum
rss 134 weeks ago

I submitted this a while ago, and haven't heard anything. I'm gonna suspect the worst, and ask if there are and comments to be made on this. Thanks.
12Comments
    134 weeks ago
    I think this is sick!
    134 weeks ago
    I love the concept! My main critique about it is that the "Red Light Green Light" text is kind of hard to read where it crosses the green and red, respectively. Also, it could be my screen but the whole design looks very dark to me with the Boos standing out more than anything else and making it unbalanced.
    134 weeks ago
    can we see this on a mock up shirt? :D looks awesome tho
    134 weeks ago
    Thanks, you guys.

I'll work on making the "Red Light Green Light" more readable; I'll try a few different things.

I know the boos stand out, because they are white. I can try to maybe spread that lighter color around a bit more, and I'll try giving them a darker color grey.

I'll work on having it on a mockup shirt.
    134 weeks ago
    redlightgreenlightshirt.jpg

This should give some idea of what it would look like. It's not a perfect rendition, but it helps.
    134 weeks ago
    I like it, just find it tough to read. If the rest of the shirt were as clear as the boos, this would be awesome!
    134 weeks ago
    I would totally buy this!!
    134 weeks ago
    redlightgreenlightv2.jpg

Here's a second versoin that hopefully clears up some of the issues mentioned; The text thould be clearer now, and I subdued the boos' coloring a bit, so they don't stand out as much. Let me know what you think!
    133 weeks ago
    That definitely helps some, and the text is MUCH easier to read now, but the rest of the design is still just so dark. It almost feels like I'm looking through a filter or something in front of the design. Is there any way you could use a slightly lighter gray for the main part? I like the Boos in white so I can't say just make the background white or they'll be lost into it. I really like this design, and the art, concept, and placement is all awesome, that's why I think it will have a lot of potential if it's just a tiny bit brighter.
    133 weeks ago
    I can't really do much about the background color. Even if I lighten it, when they pick the shirt color to print it on, it's going to be a darker grey t shirt, which is pretty close to the background color now.
    I don't think it would work on a lighter grey, seeing as the angels' interior color is represented by the actual fabric color.

I can change the other colors, so the design stands out more, however. I'll try some different color combinations and see what helps.

I picked more subdued colors in the first place to make it seem kind of worn and old, but if it makes the design seem dull, I will gladly change it around for you guys.

Stay tuned.
    133 weeks ago
    redlightgreenlightv2.jpg

Okay, I lightened the colors a smidge. I think it looks less drab, but let me know what you guys think.
    133 weeks ago
    Now I don't know too much about the rules, but what if you made the background a very light color, and then that was put on ANY color shirt. LIke, the background color is part of your colors for the design. Am I describing this well? I think the worn and old look is coming across very well so don't worry there. This kind of reminds me of a pizza box in a very charming way. Any reason you picked Nov 19?