Back to forum
rss 135 weeks ago
GUESS WHAT!?! I got a FEVER...

Photobucket
17Comments
    135 weeks ago
    Requires additional bovine campana.

That's really well done, I like the illustration style very much. that you have managed to get so much of the referenced gag into the design is what makes it work so well.

I think it does actually need more cowbell though on the quantity or a slight change of the wording on the instructions as there's only 1 cowbell in the bottle. Even the most bizarre designs have to make some sense.

May I also suggest a Blue shirt just to add one extra reference to the design. :)
    135 weeks ago
    I'm not really sure what this is about ... anyway: the text curvature isn't right though

whereas the horizontal lines are okay I guess, the vertical lines would have to be parallel to the container's vertical lines. don't use "type on a shape" tools or "warp>arc" for this ... use warp > arch (notice the H at the end). the horizonatal lines will warp whereas the vertical lines will stay the way they should be
    135 weeks ago
    to snowball on what has been said...

great job on the illustration. The Idea (while I'm not sure how KG hasn't seen the "Best of Will Ferrell"!!) is strong but maybe over-done.

Clean and simple pill bottle was handled like a pro. The type however is very wonky. It seems like your line work fell off when you got to the Label and the type on the label. One of two ways can go about this. Print out the art and re-draw the type with your own hand if your good at that. Or do what KG says. This looks like illustrator work but if you use Photoshop then you may want use the warp and skew perspective tools as well. It takes a lot of toying. Not many can get perspective skews right on the first try. It still frustrates the smurf out of me.

Another thing I may add-- Make pills that say either CB550 (Cowbell 550mg) and fill the bottle with them, make many little tiny cowbells and drum sticks to fill the bottle, or make pills with an carving of cowbell on them and fill the bottle. Oh and if you decide to get more cowbell in that bottle then you may want to consider using a little less label. I rarely see pill labels that cover that much of the bottle. You could stretch the pill bottle a little or shrink the label. It's your call.

It's heading in the right direction so don't feel discouraged.
    135 weeks ago
    I like the idea, but the bottle looks off. It looks too flat. And the text curve is off. Otherwise i think the design has potential. My only suggestions:

-either shrink the label so we can see more of the cowbell inside, or put a lot of little cowbells inside. Otherwise looks good

(also idk about the orange background?)
    135 weeks ago
    I threw in another label there- I haven't started on those other changes, but yeah you guys are right with your suggestions. Maybe I'll make the bottle longer or something. I still haven't decided what to do with the cowbell/s. I was thinking of having a bunch of empty/used bottles strewn out in the background. Something like that. Thanks for the comments so far. :)

Photobucket
    135 weeks ago
    Is there anyway to have a transparent effect on the labels without affecting the amount of shirt colors? I can barely tell that there's a cowbell inside. Ton of potential for this!
    135 weeks ago
    I'm loving this! The orange really sells it.
    135 weeks ago
    I liked your Rock Band design more. Plus, I don't think Bruce Dickinson would EVER want or need a prescription of cowbell.
    133 weeks ago
    Does the type look any better?

Photobucket
    133 weeks ago
    moar cowbell? :)

Photobucket
    133 weeks ago
    Holy smurf this is epic!! INstabuy! I love all the details.. fantastic!!
    133 weeks ago
    I think you need to try a bit more curve with the bottle and thus the letters/detailing on it. It doesn't look like a round bottle but more like an oval with pointed ends. I like the design, though it just needs a bit more tweaking.
    133 weeks ago
    Yeah a couple people have said that, I'm gonna tweak it a bit more to make it all curve the right way.
    133 weeks ago
    How about now?

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm262/Ultramagnetic75/prescteefurycopy2moarcurve.png
    133 weeks ago
    whoops

Photobucket
    133 weeks ago
    >_
    Photobucket
    133 weeks ago
    third time's the charm. :)

Photobucket