Back to forum
rss 135 weeks ago
This design is inspired by the old travel postcards you still find at souvenir shops!

I tried to incorporate as much elements that I could from each season of Dexter.

I even got Jordan Chase's Necklace in there! Oh and the perfect Key Lime pie! lol

Photobucket
68Comments
    135 weeks ago
    LOVE IT!!! I will buy it no doubt!
    135 weeks ago
    This is great - would definitely buy it!
    135 weeks ago
    loving it! :D nice work Bam!!
    135 weeks ago
    Seems to capture the seedier side of Miami that I remember... oh wait, you're referencing a show. ;)
    135 weeks ago
    AWESOME ! Great work !
    135 weeks ago
    oh sheesh ... working on a somewhat similar idea, but hopefully different enough to justify it ... nice work
    135 weeks ago
    Is there a way to simplify the ice truck in the first M. Perhaps like a logo. There's a lot of text nested right in the that top corner.

I love the concept though, it would be nice to see each letter focus on one particular season.
    135 weeks ago
    Would buy this without hesitation
    135 weeks ago
    Caddywompus said: Is there a way to simplify the ice truck in the first M. Perhaps like a logo. There's a lot of text nested right in the that top corner.

I love the concept though, it would be nice to see each letter focus on one particular season.

1. Tried the text thing for the Ice Truck...Didn't like it...didn't have the depth i wanted.

2. I was gonna do a season per letter....But that limited me in making t he composition work.
    If u look at it well tho...u'll see that the "A" is the only one that really doesn't have a particular season to it.

That "A" was a pain to do! lol

Thanx everyone for the nice comments! :)
    135 weeks ago
    one thing: that sharp bend in the POLICE LINE banner (on the left in the letter A) doesn't really fit well. it breaks the lineage but you'll have to look twice & really close to understand what's happening there

I suggest make it a continuous banner without that sharp bend ... it doesn't add anything but confusion and breaks apart the word MIAMI.
    also ... the Bay Harbour Butches looks a bit like Emily the Strange, could use some tweaking

and since it's the trending topic of the day on TeeFury: include some nipples, preferably Lila's ;))
    135 weeks ago
    kgullholmen said: one thing: that sharp bend in the POLICE LINE banner (on the left in the letter A) doesn't really fit well. it breaks the lineage but you'll have to look twice & really close to understand what's happening there

I suggest make it a continuous banner without that sharp bend ... it doesn't add anything but confusion and breaks apart the word MIAMI.

also ... the Bay Harbour Butches looks a bit like Emily the Strange, could use some tweaking

and since it's the trending topic of the day on TeeFury: include some nipples, preferably Lila's ;))

Thanx for the feedback.

In my defense (lol) I wanted the dark passenger to be as simple as possible since theres so many other stuff going on.

As for the crime tape...i see what ur saying....but then it wouldn't be to one-dimensional IMO.

Thanx for the nitpicking tho. lol

:P
    135 weeks ago
    sorry...meant to say *it would be to one-dimensional*
    135 weeks ago
    Excellent use of the Bruno Mars greeting card reference... well maybe you didn't intend that! But it's what I see. I love dexter so yeah get this tightened up with KG's comments and I will be snatching it for myself.

... add some nipples.
    135 weeks ago
    CoDdesigns said: Excellent use of the Bruno Mars greeting card reference... well maybe you didn't intend that! But it's what I see. I love dexter so yeah get this tightened up with KG's comments and I will be snatching it for myself.

... add some nipples.

What Bruno Mars greeting card? Can u link me please? :)

And I'll see what i can do. :)
    135 weeks ago
    Photobucket

I get that sunny yet breezy miami feeling when I see this design and I love it. Yours is awesome because I could care less about Bruno Mars, and care tons about Dex!
    135 weeks ago
    I probably mentioned it already, but this is ace Bam. :)
    135 weeks ago
    yeah. sorry ... I'm a terrible nitpicker (as in "one-dimensional?! it would have to be a straight line for that!" and things like that), but that's just me with too much caffeine circulating thru my veins

but I really like the design (any of your designs, truth be told, you're style is incredible) and, given that the letters of MIAMI are 3-dimensional already, I'd say it wouldn't necessarily hurt the design to keep the tape rather flat and smoothly curved

but I see your point too ... and it's your design. just wanted to voice my concerns :D

-Dave
    135 weeks ago
    Yep, this works!
    135 weeks ago
    lol...Yeah! I can see how my Dexter design would remind you of that Bruno Mars artwork. I spose we where post inspired by the retro postcard look!

I also played around with the creme color look but I kept leaning towards the navy blue color to represent the night which is when Dexter dumps the bodies!! :D

@kgullholmen No worries! Any feedback is always welcomed! I'l see it if can be easy for me to change things up! And thanx for the complements! I really liked your Rorschach btw....clever! ;)
    135 weeks ago
    This is straight up badass.
    135 weeks ago
    Would definitely buy awesome design my friend!
    135 weeks ago
    That is a good one. This design has convinced me to not finish my "Greetings From Hamsterdam" WIRE submission.
    135 weeks ago
    That is awsome. I would probably buy it even thoug Im not a fan of navy blue tees.
    135 weeks ago
    jkilpatrick said: That is a good one. This design has convinced me to not finish my "Greetings From Hamsterdam" WIRE submission.

U should finish it. I mean...I didn't invent travel postcards! lol

And thanx everyone! :)
    135 weeks ago
    Love this sooo much really hope it gets printed its an instant buy from me! as a sidenote my 13 yr old was wearing your gears tee with pride at the midnight launch great job
  • Load More Comments