Back to forum
rss 135 weeks ago
Hey everyone! Been away for the summer but I made my way back and I've decided it was time to try my luck at some new tees! So I had an idea since there seems to be so many Dr. Who fans out there... I thought it might be fun to resurrect that old game "Guess Who?" and give it a Dr. Who twist. I haven't finished the design yet - please keep that in mind. I want to add some more detail and tweaks but I figured I would post it to get some feedback from you all while I continue to work on it and hopefully submit. Hope you like the idea! Thanks!

Photobucket

~ Warbucks Collection ~
17Comments
    135 weeks ago
    That's amazing!
    135 weeks ago
    I'd now like to see the actually Doctor Who 'Guess who'

Thats AWESOME
    135 weeks ago
    the only thing I would be inclined to MAYBE do is add a couple of companions to the mix.

Not just the new ones though, maybe something like the Brigadier, Jamie, Adric, Rose, Tegan, Susan even Sarah Jane

but thats my only real 'suggestion'
    135 weeks ago
    Thanks guys! I plan to work on it today more today and hopefully get to finish it up. I appreciate you feedback.
    135 weeks ago
    Sorry about the typos in the last statement!
    135 weeks ago
    smuuuuuurf. I searched the web too for it. Figures! So much for being original.... I had a good run. Well I'll finish it anyway, it's worth putting under my belt. Thanks for letting me know Chuffy. Appreciated.
    135 weeks ago
    Ah that is a shame especially since Warbucks' design IMO is better executed and looking.

When you finish the design post it up, i would love to see it finished.
    135 weeks ago
    I dont think it matters if someone else has had a similar idea, its your take on it. Much like anything on this site, its artistic license or parody either way, I like this version better than the Redbubble version and would LOVE to see this go to print.

Good luck and much like everyone else I would love to see a final piece
    135 weeks ago
    I agree with the sentiment, this is better than the redbubble one and would have been further improved by the suggestions made.

The problem for an artist is, you often only have a finite amount of time to dedicate to a piece. If it turns out your design is incredibly similar to one already in existence, that is time wasted. Teefury and other 24 hour sites get very nervous about printing what might be seen as copying, even when two designs came about independently.

You know how nasty people can be on the front page of Teefury over the tiniest little perceived transgression. Regardless of how good this design could turn out I highly doubt Teefury would risk printing this design and damage their reputation. The trolling on the front page would go into overdrive.

It's better to know this now than to put more work into it and get the design turned away by all the decent T-shirt sites.

Chalk this one up to experience, learn from it and move on.

One of the best ways to find if an idea has already been done is to use google image search. Type in the words related to your design and search throughly. I found "Doctor who guess who t-shirt" gave me the result right away, there's the original and Warbucks' design at the top of the list.
    135 weeks ago
    Hey. Thanks guy. That was my bad. Just I was excited about the idea and didn't do enough searching. I agree with Chuffy. Probably not going to get selected by TeeFury so it would be only by choice to work on it but I think I will. I like the direction it was going in and how it looked so it'll be a piece for my portfolio. I appreciate you guys liked the design. Thank you again. I will finish it up and see what happens. Either way I enjoyed doing it and love the feedback. Thanks everyone.
    132 weeks ago
    I hope you do finish it, and I hope that you'll put it up SOMEWHERE because I would buy it no matter how much it would cost. Your design is much cleaner and organized that the other and it makes me sad that you're not going to submit it. I ABSOLUTELY love this. ^.^
    132 weeks ago
    I hope you do finish it, and I hope that you'll put it up SOMEWHERE because I would buy it no matter how much it would cost. Your design is much cleaner and organized that the other and it makes me sad that you're not going to submit it. I ABSOLUTELY love this. ^.^
    132 weeks ago
    132 weeks ago
    I don't even like Dr. Who and that's awesome
    132 weeks ago
    Thanks guys! Glad you like the idea... I had fun doing it. Hoping you get to pick up one up SOMEWHERE! Thanks again.
    132 weeks ago
    I agree that your design is totally awesome! smurfs someone else also did this (poorly).