Back to forum
rss 134 weeks ago
corny title I know...lol

Image Hosted by UploadHouse.com
18Comments
    134 weeks ago
    It's a better title that a "Who-who clock". I'd be afraid to see what pops out at noon.

Another solid design Winter, I need to watch me some of the Doc so I can partake and appreciate all these Who designs.
    134 weeks ago
    Nice enough idea and well drawn as I would expect, but there's a few things I have reservations over.

I hope the halftone pattern you've used is just a place holder, it works for the jacket (maybe) but on the clockface it doesn't look right. Since you have strong outlines on the character and a drop shadow, I think you could get away with the clock face and the character face being the same ink color.

I think the clock face itself is too small. Breaking over the border of the outline circle works but the clock needs to be bigger; perhaps until just a bit of his shoes and the edge of his knuckles and whole finger on the longer hand break the border.

Not really digging the second hand. It almost looks as though he has a very slim brown tie, which when he already has a nice bowtie looks a bit odd.

One thing you must put in, lest you be mercilessly hounded by angry Who fans, is the tassel on the Fez. It's not a Fez without one ;)

134 weeks ago
    The name smurfs! lol

How about:

"Time to get in the Smurfing TARDIS and save the Smurfing Universe yo!"

I think thats more marketable IMO. ;)
    134 weeks ago
    that wasn't actually the tee title -__-
    134 weeks ago
    oh well then thats perfect!

Use mines....its a winner...trust! ;)
    134 weeks ago
    Very cool! Inspired by Nik homles' Marty mcfly clock?
    134 weeks ago
    no it's inspired my those vintage mickey mouse clocks...which I'm sure also inspired his design
    134 weeks ago
    Yeah I love those clocks! So classic! I love this concept! Totally makes sense!! Timelords FTW!
    134 weeks ago
    Chuffy said:
    I hope the halftone pattern you've used is just a place holder, it works for the jacket (maybe) but on the clockface it doesn't look right. Since you have strong outlines on the character and a drop shadow, I think you could get away with the clock face and the character face being the same ink color.

I think the clock face itself is too small. Breaking over the border of the outline circle works but the clock needs to be bigger; perhaps until just a bit of his shoes and the edge of his knuckles and whole finger on the longer hand break the border.

Not really digging the second hand. It almost looks as though he has a very slim brown tie, which when he already has a nice bowtie looks a bit odd.

I disagree with the halftone. I think it works well for the texture of the coat. Though you might want to do a different frequency with the clock face, it may create a better separation from the doc if there two different color halftones don't lineup perfectly.

It may be the low resolution and the size of the pic that gives you reservations as well Chuffy. The red and blue look like they almost have texture to them but I'm sure this is meant to be a 4 color print.

Clock size is a good suggestion (The 9 looks off center from the hash mark btw) and now I can't unsee the brown bow tie since you pointed it out. Perhaps moving it to the opposite side of the clock would fix that.
    134 weeks ago
    I think you're right about the clockface halftone, it's because it lines up with the jacket that it looks odd.
    134 weeks ago
    UPDATE!

134 weeks ago
    Oh man!!! Nice touch with the sonic screwdriver!

TF should definitely print this! :)
    134 weeks ago
    WinterArtwork said: UPDATE!

Yep that works. I notice there's been some subtle improvements on the face and body shape too. A tight and tidy design. :)
    134 weeks ago
    you've got a great eye Chuffy!

I appreciate your critiques!
    134 weeks ago
    WinterArtwork said: you've got a great eye Chuffy!

I appreciate your critiques!

Nice of you to say so. If I can just get my own work up to your standard and level of output, I'll be laughing all the way to the bank :D
    134 weeks ago
    Why can't I see an update? Love this design though!
    134 weeks ago
    Nevermind, reloaded twice and there it was! Love the sonic incorporation!! Would be an insta-buy! And a Dwho shirt not on a blue shirt - rocks my socks ;)
    134 weeks ago
    This is fantastic! I can totally see the references to the vintage mickey mouse style and the doctor looks absolutely adorable! I think his personality goes well with this.
    Good job!