Back to forum
rss 148 weeks ago
I just whipped this up now:
Photobucket

It's my first design, I think it looks pretty good, but I'm looking for some criticism. Let me know what you think.
12Comments
    148 weeks ago
    It looks like clip art.
    148 weeks ago
    Hate to say it, but cowbell tee shirts are sooooo six years ago. Otherwise, well executed.
    148 weeks ago
    Petrichor said: It looks like clip art.
    Nope, did this up in photoshop this morning.
    148 weeks ago
    warbington said: Hate to say it, but cowbell tee shirts are sooooo six years ago. Otherwise, well executed.
    Thanks. Yeah, that's what I was worried about, if the cowbell reference was too used up.
    148 weeks ago
    JBKapnMorg said:
    Petrichor said: It looks like clip art.
    Nope, did this up in photoshop this morning.

I don't believe you didn't make it. I'm saying that it looks like it could be clip art. It's plain and boring. Also, sooooo six years ago.
    148 weeks ago
    Petrichor said:
    I don't believe you didn't make it. I'm saying that it looks like it could be clip art. It's plain and boring. Also, sooooo six years ago.

lol, it's a Rock Band reference, that's what their shirts look like.
    148 weeks ago
    I like the Rock Band idea, but I didn't catch that reference until you mentioned it. The Rock Band logo style is simple and pretty much exactly what you've done but I don't know how well it comes across since the cowbell isn't a recognized instrument already on the game. Maybe if you put some other reference to Rock Band as well? Like you could have one or more of the other instrument symbols next to it. OOH or maybe you could have it saying something like "Failed at 20%...not enough cowbell" Good concept though :)
    148 weeks ago
    Surfercat35 said: Like you could have one or more of the other instrument symbols next to it. OOH or maybe you could have it saying something like "Failed at 20%...not enough cowbell" Good concept though :)

Thanks, I like your idea more than just the one instrument that I have actually. I'll try it out. I don't know how I'll get the other instruments in there without violating some sort of copyright though... Maybe just more instruments would make the reference more noticeable? I'll try some more things.
    148 weeks ago
    Maybe you could change them enough so that they're not exact copies of the actual logos but still in the same style. I think if you did have maybe four of them it would definitely help the Rock Band reference.
    148 weeks ago
    Just keep what you have now but add "COW BELL" in the Rock Band logo font or something similar, I think that could work pretty well.
    148 weeks ago
    Cow bell in the Rock Band font would help the connection a lot more. I didn't get it either at first, though I was never into rhythm games.
    148 weeks ago
    Love the design, but I agree with everyone that you must put in something else to link it to Rock Band. My suggestion is put "player 1" above the logo and below the logo put the four difficulty settings with expert highlighted, or add a fifth setting that says "more cowbell".