Back to forum
rss 149 weeks ago
Busted

Decided to move on from the game of thrones piece, since it had been done before. I think this would be a big hit with the teefury crowd, and would personally love to wear it.

You dig?
43Comments
    149 weeks ago
    That is awesome! I'm not sure why the ghost has kisses on him... lol since ghosts are transparent. But anyway I would wear it for sure. Good move on going with blurred out nude parts! It seems to be a big kick haha.

Good luck I hope it gets printed!
    149 weeks ago
    thanks so much...I think the entire idea of an arrested ghost is absurd, so I just went with it...I mean there arent even "nude parts" to blur out, but it just added to the comedy, as well as the kiss marks...it just gave the whole thing a sense of story...something wild clearly took place before this ghost got busted
    149 weeks ago
    I might have to agree on taking out the kissy lips. Just a bit overboard and don't really add to the "story". I think if you take them out it will be perfect. But at the end of the day it's your art so just give it some thought and you'll come up with what you think is best.
    149 weeks ago
    Well now its a tough decision. I find it fascinating, that a tattoo and smoking a cigarette is ok, but not lipstick. I'll have to think about it, though if it bothers a lot of people i'll just remove it, regardless of my preference.
    149 weeks ago
    I feel like the ciggarette never bothered me because Slimer was able to eat food. He picked it up with his hands and shoved it in his mouth. He was able to physically destroy things and slime people yet they couldn't touch or effect him.

Now that you mention it the tattoo as well would be odd in the whole ghost myth....

It's your call. It doesn't bother me so much that I wouldn't buy it. They are for sure nice elements. I fear ghost obsessed people would hold back on buying your awesome work due to things as stupid as ghosts not being able to get tatted.
    149 weeks ago
    I think i'll axe the lipstick, but i'll keep the tattoo...because if people want to be stickelrs about what "real ghosts" are like, I can just say he had a tattoo before he died...but artistically this design definitely needs some red to balance it out
    149 weeks ago
    what about making his inmate number the actual number of the ghostbusters? I love the date of when he was born
    149 weeks ago
    ooh, thats a good suggestion
    149 weeks ago
    cute
    149 weeks ago
    this is great! I love the tattoo, please keep that! Idk about the blurred region, but i dont mind the kisses.
    149 weeks ago
    This is great! Kisses or no kisses this should definitely be printed by Halloween!
    149 weeks ago
    thanks everyone, im going to drop the kisses...since most people who dont mind them wouldnt miss them, and a lot of people would be happy to be rid of them
    149 weeks ago
    I don't have a problem with the kisses or the tattoo. Heck, maybe he could even have a black eye. Maybe he got into a fight with another ghost, and ghosts can touch each other right?...

I do think the blurred region is kind of unnecessary though. I think it just looks out of place to me because you usually always see ghosts drawn like this "naked" and they're not censored or anything because, like you said, there's not actually anything there. I guess maybe that's the irony of it, but I think it'd work just as well without the blur.

I love the style though! Looking great so far! :)
    149 weeks ago
    I think the fact that most ghosts don't have the blurred area is exactly why adding it is hilarious.

Also I could care less about the "physics" of him being able to be kissed. I think they don't fit because you don't think of a criminal as a likable guy. Hence why the tattoo and cig work while the kisses do not.

I too think using the gb # is a brilliant and subtle nod.
    149 weeks ago
    Thats a good point about the kisses and not being likable...I was more thinking he was at a raging party and got caught drunk driving or something inane, but obviously thats not really going to come across on a shirt, so going for a clearer concept is smarter. Im probably keeping the blur, it just makes me giggle.
    149 weeks ago
    will post the changes later today, thanks again everyone...hope they dig it here
    148 weeks ago
    i personally find it hilarious that the beginning issue with the kisses was that ghosts are transparent and therefore they shouldn't be there - yet noone bothered to comment on the fact that this particular ghost has a 5 o'clock shadow.

i followed the idea of him being at a rager earlier in the evening and i personally prefer the kisses to be there. they make him look more disheveled - more like he was partying too hard and less like he attempted to rob a bank or something. i guess it depends on what kind of crime you're trying to imply that he committed.

as far as criminals not being likable - i'd have to disagree with this particular statement. women dig bad guys - not necessarily murderers or something crazy like that but like biker dudes and the like. which would go along with the scruff, tattoo, and cigarette.

anyway, it's a great design with or without the kisses. good luck!
    148 weeks ago
    glad it came across so clearly to you deveraux...and I actually resisted mentioning the 5 o'clock shadow because it would have just become one more sticking point
    148 weeks ago
    ste7en said: glad it came across so clearly to you deveraux...and I actually resisted mentioning the 5 o'clock shadow because it would have just become one more sticking point

i think it's fantastic and quite honestly wouldn't have changed anything about the original design except maybe the inmate number thing. and even that would just be for more hardcore ghostbusters fans. the design is supposed to be humorous - the idea that a ghost could party so hard it ends up in jail is absurd on its own, who cares about the fact that ghosts cant smoke or get tattoos? its funny. although obviously you're shooting for a broad market and not just me.
    148 weeks ago
    I agree that the kisses add to the whole story of what happened, and I don't think they go against ghostly physics any more than the other elements. I'd love to see them stay. :)
    148 weeks ago
    GAH! Alright, maybe I will just stick with my original concept. Too many conflicting views, but either way, it seems like people dig it.
    148 weeks ago
    LOL It's ok dude you know the art is good and that is the general consent. I asked for crit and feedback on one of my designs and it turns out the original got accepted. It's almost as if you have to sometimes trust your own artistic instincts. You know what you like and you know what looks cool because you are trained in these areas. You can't appease everyone! No one shirt is so perfect that everyone in the world will agree it's good. That's the life of an artist. It's completely subjective. Where you fail to some customers you succeed to others.

I'd say just submit it. I know I'll be wearing it soon.
    148 weeks ago
    Definitely stick with the original design. I find it funny that people comment on the kisses and tattoo, yet they accept that he has been arrested and that he has grown stubble. It's awesome, and I can see piles of pancakes.
    148 weeks ago
    Give him some Nick Nolte mugshot hair and this would be perfect!
    148 weeks ago
    if you notice, warbington, I actually did...I took that little twirl on his head and made it all ragged...anymore and he wasn't recognizable, but I tried.
  • Load More Comments