Back to forum
rss 135 weeks ago
So what I'm thinking is this...

There's a sign, just a simple diamond shaped street sign that says "TARDIS crossing" on it, and right next to the sign there would be a lone dalek sitting and well... Waiting for the Doctor to come through. If this idea is liked I'm going to play around with possibly having a road, my idea is to keep it all very simplistic, it wouldn't be a hugely detailed design. (if that makes any sense.) Another thought I had for this was adding something to show that the dalek had been, and probably would be, waiting quite some time. Perhaps having a bird perched on the eye stalk... Just an idea for now, looking for some feedback!
7Comments
    134 weeks ago
    I really like that idea! I especially like the idea of having the Dalek look as though it'd been waiting some time... maybe some moss growing about the bottom of it, or a bird perched on the eye stalk as you said. Or, you could even have the dalek try and be a bit more incognito. Maybe a brown paper bag over the 'head piece' or, hiding behind something ridiculously small- as if thinking it's hiding place is golden. Something like that? I love the idea though. I like the idea of having a road as backdrop as well =] Cheers! I'll be looking forward to hearing more on your progress. It's definitely a shirt I'd buy.
    134 weeks ago
    QuietMenace said: I really like that idea! I especially like the idea of having the Dalek look as though it'd been waiting some time... maybe some moss growing about the bottom of it, or a bird perched on the eye stalk as you said. Or, you could even have the dalek try and be a bit more incognito. Maybe a brown paper bag over the 'head piece' or, hiding behind something ridiculously small- as if thinking it's hiding place is golden. Something like that? I love the idea though. I like the idea of having a road as backdrop as well =] Cheers! I'll be looking forward to hearing more on your progress. It's definitely a shirt I'd buy.

So would it be better to have it drawn more cartoonish or should I keep it more "real life?" Currently my thoughts would be a few little birds around the dalek and one perched on the eye stalk kinda pecking at it, some tufts of grass around the bottom. Or I could have a smaller bush with the dalek sticking out from behind it (the bush would hardly cover it at all.)
    134 weeks ago
    I think it sounds great! I would definitely buy it! I like the idea of a cartoon type depiction of your idea. I think it's brilliant and very fun. I say go for it.
    134 weeks ago
    I agree with the cartoon type, maybe try getting a nice middle ground between "real life" and cartoonish. My suggestion, if you're not sure which direction to go, would be to try out both styles, and see which fits better for your taste. Either way, it's definitely a great design idea. I like the birds perched along the dalek, pecking at it as you described, along with tufts of grass. I can't wait to see this design come to life =]
    134 weeks ago
    I LOVE this idea. My only advice would be to do your research and make sure it hasn't been done already. I literally saw this picture online a week ago, and I would think that people may have already jumped on this idea.
    roadexpenthusiats1.jpg

That's not to say you shouldn't do it, just be careful, because I've seen the ridiculous "YOU'RE A COPYCAT!!!11!!1!!" things people have said here before.
    133 weeks ago
    i knew it sounded familiar... but i do love the idea....
    133 weeks ago
    Aww man that smurfs. What if you did changed it to like a bus stop sign and bench. Would that make sense?

I like the idea of a dilapidated Dalek from waiting so long. Cobb webs, rust, maybe some vines climbing through the concrete.