Back to forum
rss 135 weeks ago
The Night's Watch
19Comments
    135 weeks ago
    I'd totally buy that! Great job :D Love the bird -- very well executed :)
    135 weeks ago
    I think there's too much snow on the rows, looks more like snowy stairs than The Wall. If you tidy that up, it would be an instant buy. Jon Snow is my second favorite character, just behind Tyrion Lannister.
    135 weeks ago
    As TheGhostman said, a bit too much snow. Other than that - it's awsome!
    135 weeks ago
    Awesome... A definite buy!
    135 weeks ago
    If anything I thought I did not have enough snow on it. Below is a still from the show.
    The Wall
    135 weeks ago
    maybe a little more shine on the Wall or somethin.. make it look more like ICE instead of just piles of snow.
    135 weeks ago
    what show is this from? I'm curious to know because I think it's a great design and would like to know the reference.
    135 weeks ago
    It's from the Game of Thrones series on HBO. Their are a group of Men that guard the North Wall at Castle Black. They take an oath to guard the wall and the are called the Night's Watch and nicknamed the Crows. Below is their oath.

"Hear my words and bear witness to my vow. Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."
    135 weeks ago
    looks great, love it :)
    135 weeks ago
    Ok I figured that but don't have hbo so I wasn't sure. Like I said before I love it as is.

However there are two super cool lines from that oath that I (personally) think would be better.

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins"

"I am the sword in the darkness"

Just my opinion. Looks great either way
    135 weeks ago
    I would totally buy that in an instant.

I wanted to design minimalistic Household shirts (Stark, Lannister, Frey, etc) but haven't got around to it.

I salute you, Ser.
    135 weeks ago
    beware1984 said: Ok I figured that but don't have hbo so I wasn't sure. Like I said before I love it as is.

However there are two super cool lines from that oath that I (personally) think would be better.

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins"

"I am the sword in the darkness"

Just my opinion. Looks great either way

While cool quotes, THIS (the one he chose) is the one that perfectly sums up the commitment one takes to become a part of the Night Watch. It's a BIG commitment, and you give your life to it. It's an oath to live by and not one to say lightly.
    106 weeks ago
    I figured I'd give this a bump in light of a new season
    106 weeks ago
    I like the designs and would buy, minus the wall, I know how much importance the wall holds it just doesn't look right on a print.
    106 weeks ago
    I like the design, but agree the wall needs work before it should be submitted.

The problem is not the fact that there is snow there, but the lines it makes plus the slanted sides make it look like steps or the bottom of a pyramid.
    106 weeks ago
    I like the design. I agree the wall just doesn't fit. Have you considered losing the wall all together if you just can't get it to work?
    104 weeks ago
    The design looks done, as is, to me. The perspective is from Castle Black up at the Wall, which seems to go on forever. (Watch the opening sequence of every episode. Same shot.) If you get the "The Night's Watch" reference then the "wall" of grey/white should be obvious as the Wall.

If they put it on a shirt, I'll buy one. ;) Winter is Coming.
    104 weeks ago
    I dunno, I really like the wall. The second I saw it I knew what it was. I think if you take it away it the shirt loses something. The raven for one wouldn't stand out as much. Anyway, as is I'd buy this in a heartbeat. I'm crossing my fingers, hoping this gets accepted!
    104 weeks ago
    I don't know Game of Thrones(?) but i think this design is beautiful! I love the colors and the bird! It's great and I could definitely see it being printed!