Back to forum
rss 135 weeks ago
well, i bought myself a fancy cintiq and have been playing with it quite a bit, so i thought i'd try a new submission. please let me know what you think.

Photobucket
17Comments
    135 weeks ago
    Photobucket
    135 weeks ago
    I love the idea on this one... and I usually hate the tattoo themed designs.

Would it look better with the ship behind the dagger?
    135 weeks ago
    I love this design too, but I agree that something about how the ship stands out so much kind of takes away from it. Sorry I can't be more specific. I do hope to see this on a shirt someday though.
    135 weeks ago
    Yeah I hear ya. Ive moved around a million times. I wanted to keep it close to the original tattoo design as I could.
    But, I just got an email saying they chose to run it about 20 minutes ago. So cool!!
    135 weeks ago
    Congratulations. This design is amazing, I really don't know what the other 2 complaining about.

As a designer I try to avoid purchases because I have to check out this and the other sites everyday, and buying every cool design would fill too many wardrobes, however this is an absolute must buy.
    135 weeks ago
    Oh, I wouldn't say they are complaining. Just giving me some ideas.
    But thank you. A nice diversion from my usual day.
    135 weeks ago
    Having this super detailed three dimensional ship next to the simplistic nature of the tattoo theme is kind of a jarring contrasts.

Not sure what you could do with that, other than simplifying the ship or adding more detail to the knife and heart. Though I haven't gone through that tattoo phase yet so I'm not super familiar with that style.
    135 weeks ago
    I agree with cruddy.. With the very detailed ship and the simple but really great tattoo logo behind it, i personally think that it looks like 2 different design photoshoped together. No offense dude. But i do really really love this design.
    135 weeks ago
    I can see what you guys are saying, however the dagger and heart are as as detailed as they can be. I am a professional tattoo artist, and have always hated traditional tattoos because they look like a five year old drew them. This was supposed to be making fun of that style. I wanted the ship to stand out more than the rest. But thank you for your thoughts.
    135 weeks ago
    Wow you must know some really talented 5 year olds!!! I hope my kid can draw like that at 5.... he could take daddy's place for designing t-shirts and I'll just sit back and art direct! ....ahhh that would be nice :)
    135 weeks ago
    ha ha ha,,, you know what i mean though.
    135 weeks ago
    Yeah I know exactly what you mean! It's like those old sailor tattoos or that crappy no talent Ed Hardy guy art ;)
    135 weeks ago
    thank you!!! us good tattooers have a saying:

"traditional tattooing, making bad artists tattooers for 100 years!"
    135 weeks ago
    iambleach said: "traditional tattooing, making bad artists tattooers for 100 years!"

Chuffy looks down at the large dragon carved on his right shoulder with a Crayola and nods his agreement.
    124 weeks ago
    First, I purchased the shirt.

Second, I'd like it more if you had used an actual Daqtagh…
    118 weeks ago
    My mom really wants this shirt, but she didn't get one inthe grab bag, is there somewhere to buy it now?
    118 weeks ago
    I am so glad to receive this in my Dec Grab Bag!!!!