Back to forum
rss 135 weeks ago
Another football season, and soon enough another season of game of thrones. It's a good time to be alive, and I felt like celebrating.

Clash of Teams

Title: Clash Of Teams

(edit: it appears that I did not notice the text got nudged over a bit, but it's been fixed in the final file)
22Comments
    135 weeks ago
    any thoughts?
    135 weeks ago
    Whoa.. nice! Love the look, and the mascot/logo design looks really professional and clean. And the detail on the helmet is really great. Hope teefury will print it.
    135 weeks ago
    The logos are so nice, I wish you focused more on those than the helmets.
    135 weeks ago
    Dude those logos and helmets are phenomenal!

I'd prefer it without any text on there are all....by this stage I think everyone (well, anyone with merit) knows what the deal is.
    135 weeks ago
    I would affix the helmets so they are slanted and crashing towards each other instead of static and head on. In the process of the two helmets about to collide maybe the "VS" is a being shattered. I think that would give more life to the image. I would also give one of the helmets a different stripe(that way you don't have two generic looking helmets). It would set the two teams apart better. Maybe even come up with a cool logo for the actual team city and name for underneath the helmets as well. Otherwise the txt underneath isn't really needed.

Excellent drawing by the way.
    135 weeks ago
    I agree with Sgelenter about the helmet slant. And what Caddywompus said about the logos.

One way of making more of the logos would be to also have large faded versions as the background behind the respective helmets, perhaps facing off nose to nose almost touching.

But whatever you decide to do with this design, I think it looks great so far. So good luck, hopefully we'll see this in print.
    135 weeks ago
    wow, thanks for the feedback, I will make some suggested changes and see how things work out.
    135 weeks ago
    Clash Of Teams: Revised

updated with some suggested changes.
    135 weeks ago
    im thinking a less extreme angle on the helmets would be better
    135 weeks ago
    Great job on those logos! That was just the right tweak to make those interesting.

I feel like what I had imagined didn't come through in my explanation... I was picturing the VS getting smashed by the helmets. I love the shattering effect you have on the VS now but maybe it should be that way because the helmets are crashing towards each other. If you pull the helmets closer and smash the VS between them then you would have a tight design. The helmets don't have to touch but look like they are about just about and the VS is being affected by the incoming clash. I hope that makes sense.

Right now the layout seems awkward like it's too long. So if you can pull off what I said about the helmets getting in tighter then you can increase the size of art overall and it won't feel as rectangular. I feel like a square or circular design shape for a spot print just appeals better to the eye for t-shirt design. That's just my 2 cents.

Sorry if I'm being too picky. I can see you have a lot of talent and I know when this shirt is finalized I'm gonna buy it!
    135 weeks ago
    No, not too picky, I agree with your suggestions, and even if i didnt I would still appreciate the constructive feedback. Will keep working on it.
    135 weeks ago
    the idea's been done

work.7721872.1.fig,asphalt,mens,ffffff.westeros-super-brawl-v3.jpg
    135 weeks ago
    That's a shame, I think I prefer the one that's being worked on in these forums!
    135 weeks ago
    I prefer the one that has already been done...
    135 weeks ago
    The idea maybe done but it's not stolen artwork. Isn't this site a competition of may the best work win??

If I'm wrong staff be my guest and butt in... I see two different shirts with the same theme. It's not like there aren't 3000 light sabers, Harry Potter wands and Serenity Ships floating around in every other design each week! It comes down to the application, style of art and of course the idea.

I go to a store and I see- NOM NOM NOM with every single video game, comic book and generic character known to man! The idea is NOM NOM NOM, however each shirt is different. It's up to the consumer to pick which NOM they want to don!

I think you should push forward make your work tight and submit it. Don't fret if they don't chose you either ok buddy. There are other sites to submit too. That however I cannot share :)
    135 weeks ago
    oh wow, that smurfs...where is that other one from?
    135 weeks ago
    Its on redbubble. I recognise the preview pic.

Still, I agree with Sgelenter. :) Keep working on it and sub it anyway!
    135 weeks ago
    Yes, please submit anyway! This is LEAGUES above the previously done version. It looks incredible, man! I really really really really hope it gets printed!!!!!!!! *crosses fingers*
    135 weeks ago
    I appreciate the support, but it feels weird now...im still working on it, but perhaps I should let it go
    135 weeks ago
    Best to move on to a new concept IMHO.
    135 weeks ago
    The "previously done" one is mine. I subbed it here a couple weeks ago (if I'm not mistaken) so, yeah why not, go ahead and sub it, you might get lucky.
    Cheers.
    135 weeks ago
    D4N13L said: The "previously done" one is mine. I subbed it here a couple weeks ago (if I'm not mistaken) so, yeah why not, go ahead and sub it, you might get lucky.

Cheers.

Is that sarcasm? I mean, i really don't want to step on any toes. I'm not the kind of guy that goes around stealing other people's ideas. I mean, if you're ok with me continuing with the piece thats cool, but if not, I will just drop it, no big deal.