Back to forum
rss 136 weeks ago
I'm thinking about creating something about My Little Pony, but I wanted to see if it carried any interest. It seems to have caught a lot of pop culture attention in the last month... and it even has quite a lot of male followers (http://broni.es).

I have a couple of ideas floating around in my head. So yes, or no?

PS - I haven't... definitely haven't... watched the whole series. nope. never.
51Comments
    136 weeks ago
    After hearing about "epicfailing" I cannot stand bronies.
    136 weeks ago
    Walrus said: After hearing about "epicfailing" I cannot stand bronies.

I just looked that up. That is a sad sad thing.
    Excuse me while I lose all of my hope for humanity.
    136 weeks ago
    dfragrance said:
    Walrus said: After hearing about "epicfailing" I cannot stand bronies.

I just looked that up. That is a sad sad thing.

Excuse me while I lose all of my hope for humanity.

I should have warned you, sorry, but it's nice to have someone to share hopelessness with
    136 weeks ago
    My exboyfriend is a bronie....Thank you for reminding me why I freaked out when he told me he loves that show... -shudders-
    136 weeks ago
    I like My Little Pony! :)

I would, however, like to request that epicfailing is NEVER EVER brought up on Teefury forums again. /scarred for life
    136 weeks ago
    Yay! The Teefury word filter has come to the rescue.
    136 weeks ago
    Yay I made a new filter come about.
  • image zipper
    136 weeks ago
    Hiratha said: Yay! The Teefury word filter has come to the rescue.

Walrus said: Yay I made a new filter come about.

;)
    136 weeks ago
    Teevil said:
    Hiratha said: Yay! The Teefury word filter has come to the rescue.

Walrus said: Yay I made a new filter come about.

;)

THANK YOU.
    136 weeks ago
    Okay guys. I have wasted all productivity and designed/submitted this:
    mockupshirtrelease2.jpg
    (Shoutout to Chuffy's T-mockup kit)
    136 weeks ago
    Great design. I like the red barn style background framing the whole design in particular and the apple on the weathervane is a neat little detail. The type of halftoning you've used on the ribbon is uncommon but cleverly done. Could we have a larger view of the design?

My sole suggestion would be to use a more traditional style for the white barn framework only if, of course, you can make it fit in without making the design too fussy. Google image search 'Red Barn' and you'll find a bunch of references to use.

Nice to see the slightly blurry photo of my jeans being put to good use. I figured since T-shirts mostly get worn with jeans it'd make a very suitable background :)
    136 weeks ago
    Oh, I should add that I think you've really nailed the wholesome farmsy feel that professional brands use to sell their product.

And I wanted to use the word 'farmsy'. Yay! :)
    136 weeks ago
    Chuffy, here's the larger view:
    tumblrpreview.jpg
    136 weeks ago
    I think there's definitely a market on the interwebz for this theme. I know I see a ton of icons on NeoGAF when I skim through the posts.
    136 weeks ago
    Ah, thanks. The halftoning seems a little bit coarse. From the smaller preview it looked as if it had the shape and shine of green ribbon. It might just be a trick of the preview scale.

The finest of black outlines on the Applejack's text would save the green being lost into the white. Isn't that the Lon Lon Milk design font I see? It really works, go with it.

I think this design manages to do what lesser designs aimed 'Bronies' fails to do. You've created a design I wouldn't be embarassed to wear, despite not being a fan of my little pony, because it looks just like a logo for a Farm. And one of the advantages of being Lineman sized, I can get away with a certain amount of cutesy without it looking wrong. At least no-one would tell it to my face ;) Of course it would look way better and way cuter on my tiny sized My Little Pony fan fianceé. I'm certain she'll be wanting the shirt when it gets printed. And then for me to watch the show... sigh :/
    136 weeks ago
    Chuffy said: Ah, thanks. The halftoning seems a little bit coarse. From the smaller preview it looked as if it had the shape and shine of green ribbon. It might just be a trick of the preview scale.

The finest of black outlines on the Applejack's text would save the green being lost into the white. Isn't that the Lon Lon Milk design font I see? It really works, go with it.

I think this design manages to do what lesser designs aimed 'Bronies' fails to do. You've created a design I wouldn't be embarassed to wear, despite not being a fan of my little pony, because it looks just like a logo for a Farm. And one of the advantages of being Lineman sized, I can get away with a certain amount of cutesy without it looking wrong. At least no-one would tell it to my face ;) Of course it would look way better and way cuter on my tiny sized My Little Pony fan fianceé. I'm certain she'll be wanting the shirt when it gets printed. And then for me to watch the show... sigh :/

I'll take a look at these suggestions - these are all things that can be easily tweaked if the TeeFury staff like it :)

And thanks for the kind words Chuffy & Caddywompus!
    136 weeks ago
    I've also submitted this one:
    mockupshirt.jpg
    136 weeks ago
    I love this series you're doing. :D Cutesy, but they look so much like traditional signs/posters that they bring out the vintage/retro fan in me as well as the Pony fan. ;)

I really hope you get a print soon, I've been following your stuff since you posted the awesome Sailor Moon Pluto design and you certainly have the talent and the ideas.
    136 weeks ago
    I will buy these within seconds of their coming out. Don't forget a Spike D&D design, if you have time!
    136 weeks ago
    Thanks guys! I'm working on designs for all 6 main characters. Apparently the second design was cool enough to be featured on Shirtoid's database, so let's hope for Teefury!
    136 weeks ago
    I would totally go crazy for the Pinkie Pie shirt. I love these designs and I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the Mane 6! =D
    136 weeks ago
    I've also submitted these!

mockupshirtraintwi.jpg

mockupshirtrainbowdash.jpg

mockupshirtrarity.jpg
    136 weeks ago
    I LOVE THEM ALL
    136 weeks ago
    I'm not even a MLP fan, but I think you've got great, clean classic, slightly retro feels for all of these and each has a niche or job and that's pretty awesome.
    136 weeks ago
    Totally loving the others, but I'm missing the Fluttershy love. :(
  • Load More Comments