Back to forum
rss 149 weeks ago
So I got this idea of having Jax sitting there, holding a gun with a royal cape on him. Since they show is kind of set up like Hamlet, and Jax is the sort of prince of the sons, I thought it would be a fun idea.

I aint got much so far, so it's very much still a WIP. Just looking for suggestion. I'm looking to make it a 'cartoony' design, something with oomph. But I'm not sure where to go next with it.

Thoughts?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
3Comments
    149 weeks ago
    Personally, I don't think it's identifiable enough. If I just saw this and hadn't read the description, I'm not sure I would have made the connection right away.

I would really love to see a great "prince charming" design because, even though Stahl was a terrible person, I thought it was a great nickname for Jax.

The artwork itself is well done I just personally am not really in to how cartoony it looks. If you're going to stick with that, I'd say maybe just try to add some more little details. Like maybe the "SO" and "NS" rings that Jax has (had). Also, the "M" on his shirt (I'm assuming he's supposed to be wearing a SAMCRO shirt or something like that?) kind of looks like it's attached to the cape by the black part of the fastener. It almost looks like it's hanging down the way a nametag would. Maybe just make the black chain thing a little shorter and higher up?
    149 weeks ago
    Oh, I'm fully aware that it hasn't got the references, but like I said, it aint done yet. I intend to sort out the vest and put a his rings on him.

Just not too sure what to put in the background.
    149 weeks ago
    Hmm...I think the wall they have in the clubhouse with everyone's mugshots would make a cool background. Obviously you couldn't fit everyone in there though and idk how well that would translate with this style.