Back to forum
rss 136 weeks ago
I hope I'm not asking for something what is already here and I'm just to dumb to see it, but I was wondering if TEEFURY is willing to provide some statistics, for example within' the gallery of gone tees how many of them were sold. Of course I would be even more happy to know how many have been sold to Germany!
Sometimes I'm wondering how many of which design were sold and how unique I am with my shirt in my country overseas!

thx in advance,
big fan
Ed Hertie
7Comments
    136 weeks ago
    people (including myself) have asked them a few times now to no real response. Besides the general "earnings" on the submissions page they refuse to release any numbers on actual sales. Don't see the big deal considering its the customers who are buying them and keeping this site in business.

I've even asked multiple times to know what qualifies as "pancakes" for a design but have never received a solid answer aside from the fact that it changes all the time.

Everything is a big mystery and its not necessary. It would be such a simple feature that when a shirt gets added to the gallery, under it is listed the total number of shirts sold.

,,,whatever
    136 weeks ago
    It's the customers of any business that keep that business going - that doesn't mean that they have to reveal sales figures to the public. If I walked in to a retail clothing store and asked them how many of a particular shirt they've sold I wouldn't expect them to just hand over the information. Not because it's some huge top secret intel, just because that's a general business practice.

Cue someone jumping down my throat in 5...4...3...2...
    136 weeks ago
    Is the number on the packing slip in the far corner the number of shirts for that design sold? I've been wondering that for awhile. If so you could at least find out how many were sold.
    136 weeks ago
    deveraux said: It's the customers of any business that keep that business going - that doesn't mean that they have to reveal sales figures to the public. If I walked in to a retail clothing store and asked them how many of a particular shirt they've sold I wouldn't expect them to just hand over the information. Not because it's some huge top secret intel, just because that's a general business practice.

Cue someone jumping down my throat in 5...4...3...2...
    of course it's not general business practice, but as teefury is a very community-based shop, I think even a small amount of information could be provided.
    As I told before, my biggest interesest is to know, how unique I am...
    136 weeks ago
    You are very unique. /thread

E
    136 weeks ago
    I think it has more to do with not revealing sales stats to competitors. Most privately owned businesses keep sales and revenue stats private.

I`d like to know too, but I understand why they don`t reveal those figures.

136 weeks ago
    edhertie said:
    As I told before, my biggest interesest is to know, how unique I am...

@edhertie: VERY ;)

charmingfan is correct. "more to do with not revealing sales stats to competitors."

We're actually the first successful shirt-a-day for the pop culture genre. (Unless shirt.woot is considered strictly pop culture.)

Since our birth, many have duplicated our business model and copied our product direction. It took us a long time to figure out what sells and what doesn't. Although we use pancakez, to divulge even more precise sales data would be way too easy for our competition since they already like copying us.

Cheers! ;j