Back to forum
rss 135 weeks ago
Happy with the design but not sure about the ink and shirt color combination. Any thoughts?Magical Mystery Friends
10Comments
    135 weeks ago
    may i ask what the connection between the characters is? maybe i dont get it :/
    135 weeks ago
    Each of them is the figment of another character's imagination.
    135 weeks ago
    oh man that's good... I should have been able to do the math on that! u_u
    135 weeks ago
    got it right away.
    neat idea ... not sure how the leprechaun fits in, but I like it.
    anyway: their movement looks very unnatural, especially Frank looks more like he's woop-wooping (see Zoidberg) out of the picture, not walking. Hobbes, Tyler & the small guy are good, but Frank needs some tweaking

and I'm still not sure if the leprechaun plays in the same league as the other 3, but I can't think of any imaginary character who's that iconic. well ... maybe Mr Floppy from Unhappily ever After

but yes, YES! good design!
    135 weeks ago
    Thought about Drop Dead Fred as a 4th but wasn't sure how recognizable he'd be. I'm also not sure if these colors are right. Don't want to do light on dark because that would mess up the facial tones.
    135 weeks ago
    The Leprechaun had a small role as Ralph Wiggum's Imaginary friend on an episode of the Simpsons
    135 weeks ago
    Burn it, Ralphie! Burn it ALL!!!!!!!
    135 weeks ago
    I could tell right away the leprechaun was a simpson's character just by the way it looks. I agree frank needs a bit of tweaking and I think you should back Mr. Durden up a bit so he's not so close to hobbes.

fourth character possibilties:

Wilfred (he's kind of imaginary)
    Snuffleupagus (started out as Big Bird's imaginary friend)
    White rabbit from Alice In Wonderland
    A monster from where the wild things are
    Santa? (but he's real right?)
    Tony from The Shining (dunno how you'd depict that)

that's about all I got...
    135 weeks ago
    I like it! Great concept!

When I saw the leprechaun I actually thought he was Gunther, the super intelligent monkey from that one episode of Futurama at first, but then I saw the four leaf clover. Proves you got the style spot on! :)

I like the leprechaun, but another suggestion could be John Nash's roommate from a Beautiful Mind, I think his name was Charles. Not sure how recognizable he'd be either, though actually you could use several of the people who Nash imagined in that movie. Ooh! Or you could use a character from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, since they're all imaginary, Bloo is pretty darn easily recognizable.
    135 weeks ago
    what about the Great Gazoo from Flintstones? It would put a different spin on it to have 1 character floating across rather than walking....?