Back to forum
rss 135 weeks ago
I had this idea to do a zombie take on Wendy's restaurants. I made it look like the plain image of the sign, but does anyone think it would look better if I made it look more realistic and put highlights and reflections as if it were a real sign, or is it ok the way it is?

Any other feedback is welcome.

Thanks,

Shane
14Comments
    135 weeks ago
    Looks good, but I think someone beat you to it...
    http://www.teefury.com/forum/6376/First_Submission_Comments_and_Critique/
    135 weeks ago
    Personally, I'd like to see it with highlights. If you want to keep a flat look, maybe some distressing?
    135 weeks ago
    Holy smurf. lol same brainburger and everything. sominasmurf!

I even googled Wendy's and zombie before I started and nothing came up.

Well poop.
    135 weeks ago
    And LOL at off-color language coming up "smurf" I like that.
    135 weeks ago
    >:(
    135 weeks ago
    My apologies guys. I just took it down. I SWEAR to God I didn't know this had already been done. I would never try to swipe someone's stuff. I really did Google it and nothing came up on the first couple of pages other than a ZOMBURGER or something.

Jimiyo - I'm really sorry. I'm just getting started here and don't want to get off on the wrong foot. This is all just a freak coincidence. I feel bad.
    135 weeks ago
    Awww, super unlucky! I'm sure you'll come up with another idea soon that someone hasn't beaten you to. :)
    135 weeks ago
    I'll keep trying. I hope I haven't blue my chances of getting anything accepted if I ever submit something. It looked pretty bad in that it was the exact same concept and had "Brainburgers" instead of hamburgers. I just don't want to come across as stealing other people's ideas.

I got a mad face from Jimiyo too, so that's not good. :(
    135 weeks ago
    There's only so many ideas under the sun. It happens.

I had to cross off Death Star Disco Ball and Carbonite Han Solo Lolly Pop from my list. There's been a few other ideas I had that were too similar to other designs too.

Don't sweat it. :)
    135 weeks ago
    Thanks Chuffy. I'll just be more careful next time. I had been working hard on the design and within, like, one minute of posting it I got deflated. Then I felt a twinge of panic. lol

So I just took it down. I hope everyone is understanding. :(
    135 weeks ago
    It'll be ok. Make yourself a cool forum avatar to take your mind of it, you can't design shirts without one (probably). Just don't do a top hat ;)
    135 weeks ago
    i just designed a Jawa Trader design at the same time someone else did. The design is quite different, but the idea is pretty much the same. It easily could have gone bad. I have even made designs of things I had reen looooong ago that I didnt even REMEMBER seeing but somewhere in my mind I thought, "OH I HAVE A GREAT IDEA" only to realize I'm an idiot lol

brush it off :)
    135 weeks ago
    Hey you smurfin' piece of smurf!

haha I'm j/k...

I feel a sense of relief now knowing I was the first to come up with this. Also I did a google search on all fast food chains with zombie references and it seems no one has sold or copy written that idea yet.

Maybe you can draw a full figure zombie version of Wendy herself or even Dave Thomas! Remember that guy? The owner of Wendy's... he is dead I believe. So it would make perfect sense to have him looking for brain burgers in the after life.

Dude stop sweatin' it ok! I jumped the shark when I designed 3 of them... but that doesn't mean you don't have to stop! There are tons of other food chains to make fun of! Sonic, Dunkin Donuts, Crispy Creme, Arbys, Taco Bell...mmmm tacos. You get the idea lol...

g-night!
    135 weeks ago
    Thanks for being cool about it Sgelenter. Alright guys, i'll shake it off. This won't happen again.

Ok, Chuffy. You just gave me my next project. An avatar it is!