Back to forum
rss 136 weeks ago
Let me know what you think
16Comments
    136 weeks ago
    oh man. i am so torn. on one hand, i've had more than i can take of this particular design theme. on the other hand, i have my unconditional love for all things SOA. ive been dying for a SAMCRO tee!

also, please don't take this as a knock on your work - it's very well executed.
    136 weeks ago
    Thanks for the comment, I'm on the same boat I want a samcro shirt, but this was the best concept I could come up with. I will try some other stuff.
    136 weeks ago
    seagrave54 said: Thanks for the comment, I'm on the same boat I want a samcro shirt, but this was the best concept I could come up with. I will try some other stuff.

i think my main gripe with these kinds of designs is that, while i love the subject matter, i'm not sure i would want to walk around with a picture of one of the main characters on my chest you know?

what about something like...a postcard from charming? or something to do with the reaper? both totally identifiable to people who watch the show without being a massive headshot of charlie hunnam.

i'm definitely not a designer so i don't really know how well either of those would work out. just spitballing.
    136 weeks ago
    Here is something else:
    SOaShirt.png

The postcard is a good idea I might have to try something with that.
    136 weeks ago
    After thinking about the show I fixed the NFL design to what would be consistent with the show. Hope you all like, let me know:

SOaShirt2.png
    SOaShirt-1.png
    136 weeks ago
    The black one is best, but I think you should change the patches that you have on there. It looks a little boring. maybe have two reapers facing eachother instead, or two bikes. Not really sure, I just don't think the patches are doing the design an favours.

I like the idea and the SOA font looks great.
    136 weeks ago
    I dont want to do reapers because I want to keep with the NFL style logo with the 8 separate logo elements. I'll keep working on it.
    136 weeks ago
    I updated the design a bit. I couldn't come up with anything that looks better in place of the patches, if anyone has other suggestions let me know.

SOaShirt2-3.png
    SOaShirt-2.png
    136 weeks ago
    I dig the idea here a lot. It's basic but also identifiable. The only issue I might have is that, while I like the patches, I feel like they might look a little cramped on the final product just because they're so small. Not really sure what you could do about that though =/
    136 weeks ago
    How is this? Should I use different patches?
    SOAtshirt.png
    136 weeks ago
    I like that much better. The only thing I might suggest on this one would be to shrink the patches down a bit. They look a little too close to the ball. You may also want to move them closer together - the gap between the top and bottom looks a little big.
    136 weeks ago
    Better?

SOAtshirt2.png

An I just want to thank everyone who has given their criticism on this design, it has helped to make it a better design.
    136 weeks ago
    seagrave54 said: Better?

much.
    136 weeks ago
    Looks great. It was probably just the cramped look of six patches being there that was putting me off. The four looks very good, and I like the 'MC' at the bottom.

You got my $10 if It gets picked up, and I hope it does. There is a criminal lack of SOA tees on here.
    136 weeks ago
    So is everyone cool with the 4 Patches? They are currently Men of Mayhem, First 9, Original, and Redwood.

Before I also included President, V. President, Prospect, Ass Kicker, Tail Gunner.
    136 weeks ago
    I have taken the silence as no protests and I submitted the design. I hope this will be my first published shirt. And thanks again to everyone for their input.